Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need HELP, car sounds like it's gona fall apart

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP, car sounds like it's gona fall apart

Hi, thanks for any help, suggestions and/or ideas first off. here's the run down:'00 WS.6, all the customary bolt-ons headers, ect. pretty much all suspension mods done at same time so kinda hard to isolate. car has SLP eibach's w/ blistiens, spohn poly/poly adj. LCA and PHB. the car going over bumps, small as an ant hill. just makes, nasty, i'm gonna fall apart kind of noise's. the LCA & PHB have new bushings, are tight, and jamb nuts are tight. noise seems to be more spring related. i put all parts in w/help of a friend. we did sport-line springs in his SS w/ stock shocks/struts and his car is nice and tight no noise. my car sounds horrid over bumps. all sorts of rattling clang boom bang kinds of noise. what gives, the rear seems to sound similar to the front. the rear springs are pretty easy to install. so i don't know what i could have screwed up there??? the fronts went together fine. i reassembled the same as the stock set-up. i did seperate the knuckle to get the strut out, could that not be seated all the way??the car still drives fine no major pulling or such. have had the car to 3 dealers. they say what i'm hearing is normal blah blah blah. well it's not, one ride in my buddies SS then my car it's like WTF is goin on here. i've had the car up on stands and banged around trying to duplicat the noise's, but no luck, re-tightened every thing 3-5 times. it really sucks. at this point i'm ready to put it back to stock. also when shifting 2nd over 5grand the right rear seems to bang and jerk i little bit. it dosen't spin really, you can just feel the rear take a solid hit and just go. i assume this the result lots of torque/high rpm's and the rear end saying thanks jerk. i thought the LCA's would help cure that. how do i address that?? could my stock abused rear-end be making some of my noise. the car also has a whiney noise on the high-way, thats sounds like a front hub bearing to me. ya, so sorry for the choppy all over the place thread. any ideas or suggestions,some thing to get or do would be great. right now my cars suspension seems more F-ed up than a soup sandwich. i thought that the highly certified pontiac dealers in my area could hammer down and fix my mess. but no, so now i'm at a loss, i don't know where to bring it and have it gone thru. i know stock i did not have these issue's (except the 2nd gear thing, cause thats why i bought the bad *** LCA's and PHB) hope fully one of the ls1 tech gods out here can shed some light on my poor wounded bird. if not any one intrested in a set of SLP springs and/or blistiens
Old 10-09-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet its your LCAs. I am going to be replacing my with the stockers this weekend to see if that is my problem. I have the rattles as if the car is falling apart going over cracks in the road too. It could be that they arent adjusted to the correct length but I wont know until I try it out.

Quick Reply: Need HELP, car sounds like it's gona fall apart