Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with my situation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with my situation?

I have the Prokit spring in the back with all the suspension goodies.... My problem started when i installed the 8.8 rear end. Now the diff housing hit the floor board hard when taking bumps which is not good. I really dont know what should i do to avoid this problem. I was thinking of getting the BMR rear springs which should drop 1" instead of 1.3" for the Eibach's, but i dont know if thats enough. I was also thinking about the stock SS rear springs, but i dont know how short are they compared to the stock Z28 springs. Here is my suspension parts so u guys would have a better idea:
Eibach springs (Pro Kit), Bilsten shocks, BMR Torque Arm, LG Strut tower brace, LG SFC's, LG LCA's, LG sways, LG panhard rod.

What do u guys suggest to get around this problem without affecting the handling of the car since i road race alot. I dont want to go back to the stock Z28 springs. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Are you still running bumpstops? They should hit way before the diff hits the floor, unless the 8.8 is really bigger than the stock diff.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by felton316
Are you still running bumpstops? They should hit way before the diff hits the floor, unless the 8.8 is really bigger than the stock diff.

Whats the bump stops? The 10 bolt didnt use to hit before.