Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how much is a full drag suspension on a stock car worth in et?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much is a full drag suspension on a stock car worth in et?

let's say you have an 01 A4 camaro with drag radials and full suspension

hals
trans mounted torque arm
bmr lowers
and a panhard bar

for example let's say you run 13.00 with just drag radials how much would the suspension be worth
Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

ok afte using search I think that hals are not going to work here is what I am trying to do

01 Z28 full exhaust , stall , minor bolt ons and maybe a 100 shot on nittos car will be 95% street driven BUT i want the most traction for the street

so tell me what I need for what I wanting to do before I go waaay overbaord as usual
Old 10-18-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is realy all in the tire! I know of a person on a stock torque arm that rebraces it when it broke and ran low 10's in a m6! Get the tire and then worry about the rest! adjustable Torque arm is huge after tires! And the hals are the best for a drag only car!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh after rereading it (drag radials) get a 15" drag litle rim with the BFG drag tires I think the stock style suspension with that tires record is 8.** ET! so you will be fine. You next question will be "how do I not break anything before the 60 mark".
Old 10-19-2004, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why are HALs not good for the street? I am thinking about buying a set for my car. Are they just a rough ride, that is not a consern of mine Is there something else that makes them not good for the street?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Why are HALs not good for the street? I am thinking about buying a set for my car. Are they just a rough ride, that is not a consern of mine Is there something else that makes them not good for the street?
IMO they are not a rough ride if they where they would be good at handleing! The Problems is people see that they are adjustable and think they can adjust it to drag race or to corner! Big NONO they are drag shock all day every day! At the stiftest setting when I hit the brakes the noise of the car would scrap the ground B/C these shoack are made to transfer weight! that is the valving in they! The adjust does noting when a 3500lb car stops! I F@cked with them for a month the only way the braking problem was fixed was litting the front end way up 2" fender gap! The car still dipped but didn't hit the graound! Oh and hard turns are scary!

Ever drive a old Buick. I had a Buick Centery 92" as a beater that drove just like it!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

so maybe for my mid 11 goal all i need is to take off the fron sway bar , some drag radials and some SFC's? or is their a must have suspension part like I must have a torque arm to go that fast.

thanks for the help guys but keep em coming
Old 10-19-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

I am going with pacesetter LT and a custom true dual shoul I go ahead and get the TA and have the exhaust bent around it? I was thinking about getting the BMR non adjustable
Old 10-19-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

get the adjustable Torque arm as a -1 pinion angle with the tires will be the biggest inprovement in ET!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
IMO they are not a rough ride if they where they would be good at handleing! The Problems is people see that they are adjustable and think they can adjust it to drag race or to corner! Big NONO they are drag shock all day every day! At the stiftest setting when I hit the brakes the noise of the car would scrap the ground B/C these shoack are made to transfer weight! that is the valving in they! The adjust does noting when a 3500lb car stops! I F@cked with them for a month the only way the braking problem was fixed was litting the front end way up 2" fender gap! The car still dipped but didn't hit the graound! Oh and hard turns are scary!

Ever drive a old Buick. I had a Buick Centery 92" as a beater that drove just like it!

I know a few people that run HALs on the street and have no problem with them as far as bad handleing or having a problem with the car diving hard enough forward that it would scrape when hitting the brakes hard. I am getting a set of the QA1s with the Type R series up front with the drag springs and the reg 12 way adj out back, and my car will see a lot of street time. I think they are worth every penny from the positives I have herd about them, and if you like drag racing a lot why not get them you can lower your car and have incredable weight transfer at the track all in one

Dan
Old 10-19-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

thanks 2 fast you have helped me allot
Old 10-19-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

It all depends on what you want! Like I said my Drag car has them! But I will out drive a stock car with hal with a stock car! 2 of my friends have them we raced(street) at the end we both did the turn around he has to slow down a run slower I just plowed around that turn! That is why we joke "race you down around and back". As trackbird or Sam what they think of Hals as a handling setup!

Fact is hals are not needed for a 11's pass I can pull a 10et with my setup! Well the power help alot!

Hals are great but don't think that it is a handling or even comparable to a stock suspension in the handling department! And it is a fact there is more room to brake on the track then the street!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

you can get Hal shocks with double adjusters, for up & down...they work great on the street...you can also have the valving changed by Hal or QA1