Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do i need Relocation Brackets to make LCA's function properly?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do i need Relocation Brackets to make LCA's function properly?

Just like the title says. The car is a 2001 Trans Am M6, this will be the first suspension mod for me. I'm going with UMI LCA's and just wanted to know if i swapped them out with the stockers is this going to be ok or would it be more beneficial to get the relocation brackets too. The car is not lowered nor will it ever be.

Second My next mod will be boxed subframe connectors. I'm not all that interested in cornering and taking the turns but is there any need for an panhard rod, springs etc. if i'm mainly interested in straight line performance?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

hello anybody?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

I think relocation bracket can help all cars hook up. Most have two holes one for lowered cars and one for stock ride height.
To answer your question its fine to run without then. But there are benefits to having them. Actually you could install relocation bracket with the factory arms and get some benefit.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

so the ideal set up is to have both, just curious. Also any response to my second question in my post?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Also, I'd like to know if it is bad to use the bottom hole on a car that hasn't been lowered. What would be so bad about sticking them in the lower hole?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Im not sure about the sub fram connectors.

As for the proper hole in the relocation brackets. What you are trying to do is get the control arm as parallel(or level) to the ground as possiable. So which ever hole acompishes this the closest is the hole you should use. This makes the control arm the most effective at transfering the load. Also for lowered cars the bracket helps return the pinion angle back to the stock angle.

Quick Reply: Do i need Relocation Brackets to make LCA's function properly?