Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Street / Strip shocks

Old 10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street / Strip shocks

Where could I find a good set of adjustable street / strip shocks for a 70 F-Body? and would would a good price range be?
Old 10-22-2004, 02:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Koni and Bilstein both make great shocks for the 2nd gen cars. The Koni's are $96.60 each, Bilstein's are $80 each. The Koni's are adjustable for rebound, Bilstein's are not. For the extra $66 for the set, I'd much prefer having adjustable shocks on the car. Granted, they have to be removed to be adjusted, but you can get them set for what you like instead of having to depend on someone else's ideas on valving.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OA 1's...done it, loved it....do this for a real trick setup...get the QA 1,s in coil over version...remove your lower control arm...at that time replace bushings & ball joints...now with the lower arm off, look up into the spring pocket on the upper inside of the frame...you'll see a big hole with the edges bent out...the stock spring fits around those tabs...the coil over QA1 will barely fit but the angle was goofy on mine...so, get a air grinder with a carbide bit and remove all those tabs & about 1/4" more metal...now the coilover will fit & work without hitting or binding...on a iron block BBC we used a 550lb spring...on a hot sbc, we used a 400 or 350lb spring...i have several sets of 10" springs if you need...this is how ALL the savvy outlaw cars run coil overs up front...the QA1 are also great for the street...you can get them in single or double adjustable configuration...spend the time & money on this and you'll never have anything but grins from your 70 & never have to fool with it again...oh, and aint NUTHIN cooler than a 70 split bumper
Attached Thumbnails Street / Strip shocks-2050my_camaro.jpg   Street / Strip shocks-2050dscn0028-med.jpg  
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street / Strip shocks