Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 bracket package

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 bracket package

I found this on eBay and asked the seller a question. Following is the link to the product, then I will include the email response along with question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7931269148

Here is the question followed by his response.
"Are you a member of LS1Tech and do you plan on making these a public purchase? I would be interested in the whole cost to swap over to a C5 system."

I dont know if I am a member of LS1 tech, why do you ask? I have them for sale on my site for public Purchace but I assume no one knows about them as its not very high traffic site. I have them listed on my site for $249 but rest assured the reserve is quite a bit less. I have sold a few sets locally. I have these brackets on my car and they work well. The rest of the parts can be had for $484.76 plus the pads and the anti rattle and abutment shims and lines. If I remember correctly the ZO6 pad kit comes with hawk HPS pads, the required shims, and new pin bolts for an additional $175 (I think that is correct but I cannot be absolutly sure, if your interested I will verify the price) If I am correct the whole parts kit is $659.76. There is also the issue of the lines, I can do a set of braided lines and required fittings for $90 more. Or you can use the stock C5 lines witch I have no priced. I can buy GM parts at a reasonable price and do not mark the parts up.

I will try to get his website so we can get more info from him and maybe if the concensus here is that it is a quality product we can get a deal.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$750 for this e-Bay kit?
I think the LG Motorsports kit is around that same price.

Why would you take a chance on someone who is unsure of the kit parts and unaware if he is a member of LS1Tech. Wouldn't you recall if you had ever been to this site or not?
Old 11-01-2004, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

I thought that was a bit odd too. If I register for a site, even if I don't frequent it, I remember if I was a part of it. I thought maybe we could get him to go down on the price if we get enough people in. Looking at it on the site it does look pretty clean and heavy duty. Just thought I'd post for the betterment of others here.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That kit looks to be a much less heavy duty knockoff of the kit that was designed by Bob Bishop. He uses a lesser grade aluminum (cheaper) than Bob did, he cuts it in such as way that he does not gain the strength benefits of the grain of the aluminum (probably a 20% difference in strength, not counting the thinner material he uses) and he does not appear to clear anodize them to prevent corrosion from forming stress cracks. I'd probably avoid that kit.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh, and another thing. He does not cut the notch for clearance around the nut for the lower ball joint. This may involve a large amount of grinding, which, if not done correctly, can weaken the bracket. Also, if it was clear anodized, grinding it would remove the coating and leave you open to corrosion cracks. It is a good knock off in appearance, but the things that are not so obvious really concern me.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks Kevin, once again from your insight I've been.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just hate to see people taking your money for similar appearing parts that are not nearly as good. It's a safety issue and I'd like you guys to avoid parts that could cause a nasty accident if they fail. I try to help when I can.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

No harm done, I appreciate all the help from you in the past and for this as well.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:14 AM
TECH Addict

I hope this guy has his insurance paid up - cause the 1st time this bracket fails his a$$ is gonna be in court right quick

Quick Reply: C5 bracket package