Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR extreme torque arm, will it hit speed pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BMR extreme torque arm, will it hit speed pumps?

i just bought a 2000 M6 Z camaro and i have some BMR parts that i want to install in that 2000 Z. i have the BMR extreme torque, if i install it will the rod that is hanging the torque arm hit the speed pumps at the curved side of the rod? or the rod is high enough to not hit the speed pumps? we have those speed pumps here in Kuwait and some of them were hitting the collectors of my hooker long tubes on my previous 94 Z if i'm not careful when passing over the speed pumps. thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BMR extreme torque arm, will it hit speed pumps?

i just bought a 2000 M6 Z camaro and i have some BMR parts that i want to install in that 2000 Z. i have the BMR extreme torque, if i install it will the rod that is hanging the torque arm hit the speed pumps at the curved side of the rod? or the rod is high enough to not hit the speed pumps? we have those speed pumps here in Kuwait and some of them were hitting the collectors of my hooker long tubes on my previous 94 Z if i'm not careful when passing over the speed pumps. thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little confused here....

You have the extreme version that does NOT connect to the trans, correct?

Not sure what you are talking about rod wise that hangs down...you have the cross brace that welds between the SFC's..and on that brace you have the bracket that holds the front of the tq arm on.

When on my prostars I would hit things with the low middle part of the cross brace itself, but my car is very low to the ground when on the drag rims.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the EXTREME Torque arm, obviously there is a cross brace that runs across and welds to the frame... That's the part that hangs the lowest and I never ran into any problems, but I bought it used and the car that had it before me did scratch it up a little. Nothing serious... I think you'll be ok... Just remember and be aware you have that cross brace.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I take speed bumps slow and have never had it hit.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Mine does hit speed bumps.