Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Help

Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help

I have now ( BMR Subframe connectors, BMR K-member, BMR Torque Arm, BMR Lower Front A-Arms, BMR Rear Adjustable lower control arms, Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Front/Rear Hal Shocks, Sway bar, Eibach front/rear springs and Drive Shaft Safety Loop ) so i want to know what else i need for drag racing ?

Thanks
Adnan
Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a good driver
Old 03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good idea ... but how about the Heavy-Duty Anti-roll Bar ?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anti roll bar, and look into new springs if you're really looking to get it to hook. i don't know much about the Eibach springs, but i can't imagine that they are ideal for weight transfer. if your car is light, say under 3200 lbs., not really light but not bad for an f-body, get some 275lb. springs. if it's a bit heavier, probably 300lb. springs. that's what i've learned from a post by Madman, so that's what i've got. hope that helps. oh, and i wouldn't go with the BMR anti roll bar. i've had one and wasn't impressed by it. go with the Wolfe imo.

later,
Dave
Old 03-10-2005, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

When i use the anti-roll bar should i removed the sway bar or i must but it with the sway bar ?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

anti roll bar = sway bar

Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks .... JL ws-6 but which one is better the anti roll bar or the sway bar for drag racing ?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

ignore the nomenclature (call it whatever you want) the ultimate goal of a good launching suspension is to get the car to plant both tires down on the ground equally well. This requires good weight transfer (stiff car and the propper spring/shocks helps) and a good differential (i think locker's are still the best for drag racing) and good sturdy rear end location pieces.

Your SFC's are helping with the stiffness. Unless your rear eibach's are the drag springs, i don't think they're the best for drag Pray HRD already mentioned that. And your Torque arm and LCA's should be adequate in preventing wheelhop. You probably have a limited slip (maybe a zexel) diff in the back already which is a good compromise between street manners and even power distribution. At this point you've adressed a lot of the basics. If theres a specific problem you're having now, adress it..

If you're having a real problem leaving sideways, look into the drag swaybar/anti-roll bar, maybe you could use a drag bag in the right (can be bought seperate or even comes with eibach drag kit)

If you're spinning the tires too much, get slicks (may require a beefier rear axle)

If you're still having wheelhop, probably need to do something about shocks.

Search this Thread