Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

1/2 On: Koni SAs, Thoughts (Koni, Sam Strano)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed: Koni SAs, Thoughts

EDIT: The stock springs and Koni shocks are now on the car, all four corners. I went full hard then backed off 5 sweeps of the window up front (stock springs, lower perch). Full soft + 1 full turn on the rear shocks with stock springs (rear isolator removed, heater hose on first coil). Car sits 26 3/4" on both sides up front, 27 3/4" rear, the setup had barely settled but seems to be staying pretty close. The ride height is pretty nice and I'm very happy in that department. Ride quality is flat out amazing. Handling I haven't pushed too hard yet without an alignment (one front wheel has slight negative camber, one has positive camber), but I did do a few moves and the car feels good. VERY happy with my purchase on this. IMO this is the perfect "all around" suspension. It handles great, rides great, the car looks good. Not too low. Not too harsh. Not too soft in the corners. Money well spent IMO.

Now onto customer service...

Sam Strano talked with me for quite a while helping me pick out this setup to suit what I wanted out of the car. I never felt rushed and Sam was very helpful and not too hard to get ahold of. Two thumbs up on that. Sam had to hunt me down a set and get them to me in the timeframe I was working with and he did just that. Thanks again Sam.

Unfortunately, I happened to have gotten a bum shock last weekend when I intended to do the swap, a production freak. I couldn't adjust the shock at all. There are holes to adjust by, and there are also smaller holes that have a stud in them to hold the assembly together. Well something got screwed up in production and I had a stud in the only hole I could access to adjust the shock, so I couldn't adjust the shock at all. It was stuck on full soft.

I gave Koni a call and got ahold of Stony Hamilton in their North America divisino. He was extremely helpful. I took some pictures and emailed them to him so he could see what I was talking about, and he got me a shock on the way, even asked if I wanted it overnighted to make sure it got here by this weekend. Koni is in KY and I'm in TN so regular ground was fine. Obviously he had to charge me for this but I'll be refunded when I send the bad shock back in. Sam and Stoney both had never seen anything like that, so it's not something thats common. Just my luck (also had a fun little ER visit to get stitches after I put the corner of a breaker bar through the webbing between my thumb and index finger working on the front shock swap that never happened).

Anyway, just wanted to give praise where it was due. Sam Stano and Koni really took care of me. Two thumbs up for both companies.

Last edited by josh99ta; 07-03-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

These shocks make a world of difference. I love mine and Sam was more than helpful. I couldn't ask for better service
Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same here i love the koni suspension on my car, it was the best money i ever spent!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Everything is on. First post edited to reflect thoughts on the setup. Very, very happy.

Quick Reply: 1/2 On: Koni SAs, Thoughts (Koni, Sam Strano)