Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Swaybar bushings and endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swaybar bushings and endlinks

This may be totally insane, but if the front swaybar bushings and endlinks are over torqued, alot, will it cause the front end and steering wheel to vibrate excessively??

Since I had my 1LE swaybar installed, I've been getting a terrible vibration from the front end and I'm pretty sure my friend over torqued the bolts for the bushings and endlinks. The vibration usually becomes noticeable at approx. 50-55mph, and worsens as the speed increases. I thought it was my wheels that needed to be balanced, but I had them balanced twice now with no improvement. I had the car aligned a few weeks prior to installing the swaybar, so its not alignment (at least I don't think).

Any help guys??
Old 07-17-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

T T T
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

I would have the car aligned again with the new sway bar. I will be installing my 1LE sway bars soon so I am curious as to why you are getting this vibration. Those bolts for the end links look kind of small- any serious over torquing would snap them, no? Good luck. Let me know how you made out.

P.S. recently I had a serious vibration coming from my front end. Took me about a month to solve it after I found a siezed caliper sliding pin in my right front. I had the wheels balanced at least twice and had the alignment checked as well.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Mod. I just chenged my rotros amd pads so it's not a seized pin. I'll unbolt the swaybar and reconnect it and make sure it gets torqued properly then I'll take it to get realigned. Hopefully it solves the problem because I can't stand the vibration when I'm making my trip back and forth to my shore house.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sniper33
Thanks Mod. I just chenged my rotros amd pads so it's not a seized pin. I'll unbolt the swaybar and reconnect it and make sure it gets torqued properly then I'll take it to get realigned. Hopefully it solves the problem because I can't stand the vibration when I'm making my trip back and forth to my shore house.
Yeah, that's the last thing you need during a trip to the Jersey Shore. The GSP has nice smooth surfaces for some nice WOT runs! I hope you can get it solved soon! A buddy of mine lives off of exit 77 (i think) in Bayville NJ. Maybee I'll see ya out there! Good luck.

Quick Reply: Swaybar bushings and endlinks