Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Problems: Of the other Kind!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Traction Problems: Of the other Kind!!!

I have too much! Most people wouldnt complain, and Im not... it just seems odd that I have so much traction. My 85 Iroc could burn tires all day long... however with a 2500rpm clutch drop in this car... I get a healthy Chirp and lunge forward!

I guess the only answer now is to get more mods, or launch harder break the 10 bolt and get a 12 bolt!

I had alot of traction when I had my Goodyear F1 GS-D3's near the traction bar, and I definitely have gobs of it now with my KDW's with the nipples still on the tires.

Oh well.... I guess I'll get the problem when I get more power!

Edit: wait I'll take it back.. I had got the car squirrly once, on a 30mph curve I dropped from 4th to 2nd and hammered it and kicked the rear end out.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of something that happened to me:

I was cruising in downtown Reno, NV last week during the Hot August Nights shows and everyone was just sitting on the sides of the streets watching cars go by asking for burnouts.

Well, a group of really drunk guys started yelling to me to "burn 'em up" and there was a pretty big audience expecting, so I gave it a try. It happened just like you described, ~2700rpm clutch dump = one good chirp and a damn good launch.

It was pretty embarassing.