Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Upgrades??

Old 08-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Suspension Upgrades??

Is their any improvement from installing BMR sway bars front/rear and panhard rod if i already have the Bilstein Suspension pkg?? Just curious because if so i wanted to get all my suspension upgradedes ie. torque arm, LCAs, relo brackets etc. powdercoated in the same color.....i kind of never learned the ins and outs of suspension and i'm learning as i go.....so also if you guys can explain to me how to and why you need adjustable LCAs, torque arm, panhard rod etc. or would i be fine with the non adjustable stuff??
Old 08-06-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are just now learning and need an explanation of what those parts do, why do you feel you need all that stuff?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to steer you over to either a hollow 35mm {Sam Strano sells em} or a solid 35mm front bar. Just get the front for now and maybe pick up a hollow 22mm rear later. As for LCAs, make sure you don't get LCAs that have poly bushings on both ends. Might want to look into a set of LCAs with "good" rod ends, maybe poly on one end and a rod end on the other. For a panhard bar, go ajustable with at least one rod end. Don't really have a recommendation on a torque arm.

Call Sam Strano or LG Motorsports, either one will give great advice.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mitchntx
If you are just now learning and need an explanation of what those parts do, why do you feel you need all that stuff?
i don't know i've always been one that no matter how long it takes me to get the money together......i'll wait and go all out........i don't cut any corners with my car, i know i'll need the LCAs and torque arm.....the other stuff was just a question as to whether or not their is an improvement from Bilstein to BMR, cuz if so i would color coordinate everything cuz i also show the car from time to time when i get a wild hair.....
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are a LOT of threads posted on a weekly basis on the subject of what these suspension parts are and what they do. I would recommend searching through them and learning a bit about what it is they do, what you feel you need for your application, and what brand you feel comfortable with. The only problem is wading through a lot of the bullshit.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
There are a LOT of threads posted on a weekly basis on the subject of what these suspension parts are and what they do. I would recommend searching through them and learning a bit about what it is they do, what you feel you need for your application, and what brand you feel comfortable with. The only problem is wading through a lot of the bullshit.
I guess that should be my next write up.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
The only problem is wading through a lot of the bullshit.
exactly that's why i started a thread on it to hopefully just flat out get some answers cuz i'm sure if i look hard enough i'll find some answers but good lord there is a lot of **** to sift through when you search that topic
Old 08-08-2005, 04:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by slpss9723
Is their any improvement from installing BMR sway bars front/rear and panhard rod if i already have the Bilstein Suspension pkg??
A solid 32mm front bar is not really much stiffer than a hollow 32 that SS's, 1LE's, and WS6's have OEM. If you have the 35/21 bars factory, you'd actually be losing a lot of stiffness up front and staying about the same in rear. But you might be faster since you wallet would be lighter....

35 front, 21-22mm rear bars are where you want to be. 32mm is better than the 30 bar that Z28's and Formula's have stock, but the car loves front bar. Anf FWIW, if you go solid you are gaining a lot of weight vs. the stock front bar which are all hollow. Which is one reason we made out bar set hollow both front and rear.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrades??