Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default CarboTech "Bobcat" pads?

Seen only a couple of references to these, all people asking
whether anybody's using them.

So, anybody using them yet?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know trackbird has tried the panther plus, and I cant remember what the others have tried. I never drive my car so its taking forever for my pads to wear out and as soon as they do ill be running the panther plus. I can tell you that they are worth a try and the onlything that might dissapoint you is that they "MIGHT" dust more than you care for.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

I thought Hawk pads were pricey. Geez
Old 07-29-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've run Panther XP8 (and have another set coming next week)
Panther Plus
Panther
Super street

Hawk HP+
Hawk HPS

I've not tried the Bobcat pads. But, I'd probably step up a notch for any "aggressive use". Call Larry at Carbotech, he's always very helpful.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stang killer
I can tell you that they are worth a try and the onlything that might dissapoint you is that they "MIGHT" dust more than you care for.

And, the are known to squeak from time to time. Just go get them hot and the "calm down", but it is something to consider if such things bother you.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

I was asked by a member to post up here and tell about my experiences w/ the 'Bobcat' version of the Carbotechs.

The number one thing I've learned here in the past couple of years on tech is that every tidbit of advice is extremely subjective. The type, brand, style, and manufacturer of the part will work for somewhat differently for every customer. Our useage of the part is ever so dependant on our driving style, the environment, temp, road conditions, etc, etc, that it's really hard to say what will work for me in TX will work for those up in MI., AZ. FL, etc. With that in mind...............

Larrry at Carbotech is a super guy! Call him on the phone and he will give you an education about brakepads. If you have the time (and are gonna buy his parts) call him...it is worth the hour. The Bobcats were great for MY application. They wore evenly, did not squeek until wore out, and did not ever let me down, even after repeated highway runs in 100+ degree temps. The pads lasted approx. the same amount of time that any of the Hawks I used did. That said, keep in mind, I'm not talking about running through corners around and around. This was up and down the Interstate doing traffic enforcement. The pads did kick up a good amount of dust. I think that should be expected with this type of pad.

I have used a number of different pads on the car with an average life of 3 - 4 months for fronts and 6 - 8 months on the rears. Pads I would not recommend are: Performance Friction Carbon metallics - Ate the hell out of my rotors. Borg Warner replacements - Lasted approx. 6 -8 weeks and squeeled like a beotch when they were going out. There are one or 2 more but I can't recall them. I would stay with the Carbotechs or the Hawks.

Just my .02

Kev

Last edited by K9Kev; 10-14-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm now running XP1108's (XP8's) on the front of my car and Panther Plus in the rear. The brakes will stop the car in an evil fashon. They are dusty (I can turn wheels black in 10 autocross runs of 40-50 seconds per run), but they will stop you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CarboTech "Bobcat" pads?