Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front sits higher then back after shocks/springs

Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front sits higher then back after shocks/springs

It's been a few months since I got some shocks and springs installed. The rear sits real nice, but the front is probally about an inch or so higher.

What can be done or checked on (short of cutting the springs) to get the front sitting lower?

Big picture: http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28822334396.jpg&s=x10
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I remember, there is a rubber boot that the front springs sit on. What about taking that off and wrapping a piece of hose around the bottom coil?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

hey dude...its a bad idea to remove anything and replace it with a hose....if you want it lower in the front do it right..either new spring choice (try eibach sportlines) or coil overs, that way you can set your desired hieght on any given day....check out ground force...they are nice and inexpensive
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fuzzy:

Just a quick question for you. I have the same wheel and tire setup you do, same backspacing and size on the back. I was thinking about putting some new springs on my car when I do the shocks, but I already get some rubbing out of the back. If you already had rubbing, which I'm assuming you did since those are 17x11's on the back with like the biggest tire you can put on them(Eagle F1), did your rubbing get any worse after the install? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

What shock/spring combo are you running?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
What shock/spring combo are you running?
Koni SA and H&R springs.

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
Just a quick question for you. I have the same wheel and tire setup you do, same backspacing and size on the back. I was thinking about putting some new springs on my car when I do the shocks, but I already get some rubbing out of the back. If you already had rubbing, which I'm assuming you did since those are 17x11's on the back with like the biggest tire you can put on them(Eagle F1), did your rubbing get any worse after the install? Thanks.
They only really rub when there is a passenger in any seat or in really hard turns. We did some BFH'ing when we put the tires on with stock ride height, but none after it was lowered. I did put an adj. phb on it also.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Any other ideas? I am using Koni Single Adjustable shocks and H&R Stage 2 springs.

I did not install these springs, is there anything to check to make sure they are seated correctly? Can they even be seated incorrectly?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Hotchkis springs are the same way. I would love to know what causes this.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

so i had this problem..and the only solution i could find was to get the front springs cut..The shop took off 1.5 coils i believe on my eibachs....it sits perfectly now and handles much better...if u did the hose mod in the back if u dont want to cut the springs u can put that rubber piece back..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front sits higher then back after shocks/springs