Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone using UMI suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone using UMI suspension?

Thinking about running UMI's lca and panhard rod package. How is their parts compared to BMR.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

i dont know how they compare to bmr as this my first f body but they are very nice. i first installed the lower control arms and the adjustable panhard bar and noticed a big diffrence. last week i installed there weld in subs and relocation brackets and its like a whole new car.there shipping is fast too.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a complete UMI package (SFCs, LCAs, PHB, STB) on the way to use on a Camaro/Mustang Challenge Road Race car.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

mitch, I'm looking into getting LCAs for my TA and i can't seem to find any threads on which style to go with. The car will see limited track time, mostly a weekend cruiser...should i go with a boxed poly poly end? Or what about UMI's options? The rod end, adjustable etc...??? So many options and yet there's really no information on what to go with. I don't want the LCAs to be thumping loud over every bump i go over. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking this thread
Old 12-19-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

if its a daily driver, then either boxed or round are fine. poly will be the quietest, but ive been hearing that poly/spherical ends are pretty quiet too.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have all UMI on my car and I love it. I have the single adjustable tubular LCA's and PHR with the spherical ends. I couldn't tell you how noisy it is compared to stock because I also have a solid trans mount and tunnel-brace mounted torque arm that make the ride quite a bit noisier. Full suspension isn't for you if you want a quiet ride. It wasn't bad without the torque arm though. As far as the comparison to BMR, I MUCH prefer UMI. Better quality stuff and the customer service is outstanding. Made a huge difference in my car....I have a 3800 stall and 3.73's in a light car with F1's (for now) and I can hook surprisingly well. Best of luck.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
mitch, I'm looking into getting LCAs for my TA and i can't seem to find any threads on which style to go with. The car will see limited track time, mostly a weekend cruiser...should i go with a boxed poly poly end? Or what about UMI's options? The rod end, adjustable etc...??? So many options and yet there's really no information on what to go with. I don't want the LCAs to be thumping loud over every bump i go over. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking this thread

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
if its a daily driver, then either boxed or round are fine. poly will be the quietest, but ive been hearing that poly/spherical ends are pretty quiet too.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

what about adjustable? I plan on doing a 9 inch in the future.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

adjustable what?? phb?? if your lowered id get it. im not lowered, but i went with adjustable just in case
Old 12-20-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
what about adjustable? I plan on doing a 9 inch in the future.
The UMI on-car adjustable phr is great. It was a must when I installed my 9". The rear was too far to the drivers side by a few inches and it was corrected in a few minutes.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

The term "adjustable" is really misleading.

While one CAN make the LCAs and PHB longer or shorter, the rod ends screw in place as a way of attachment. Adjusting length is a by-product of that.

You should ALWAYS have at least the diameter of the rod end shaft engaged in the receiving tube. Example: if you are using rod ends with a 3/4" shank, then there should be a minimum of 3/4" of thread engagement. The more engagement you have, the more strength one gets.

Set your LCAs to stock length and don't move them. Do the same thing with the PHB and only shorten it IF you lower the car.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty much convinced that UMI is the way to go, the quality is there and Ryan is excellent when it comes to customer service.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

i ordered a few things from them and they were all great quality. Ive had them on for almost 6 months and havnt had a single problem theyre amazingly helpfull and nice to talk to, i would recomend them.

good product, good price, good customer service...what more would you want