Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where can i purchase rubber bushings?

Old 01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i purchase rubber bushings?

Where can i purchase rubber bushings?

Either, some place with a large selection of generic bushings

Or, some place where i can specify (for a reasonable price)

Or, does somebody know what "factory" rubber bushing would replace the poly bushings in UMI's tunnel mount torque arm.. (like, if it's just a LCA bushing or something)
Old 01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remember my "year one catalog" had some rubber bushings for our cars. There a sponser here look them up or order their catalog.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Teching In

For genereic rubber bushings you might try http://www.mcmaster.com/
Old 01-17-2006, 05:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I have rubber bushings.... Not all of them, but a number of them where applicable. What are you looking for?

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm trying to find a non-tailshaft mounted torque arm solution that doesnt sacrifice comfort. My plan is to try to replace the poly bushings in UMI's tunnel mount t/a with rubber. I suspect that they are some commonly available size, but since I dont have the piece yet, i'm at a disadvantage. but i dont want to buy the piece without having a source for the bushings... catch 22...

Btw Sam... I am really enjoying your 35mm front sway bar i just put on, i get a little more front end push with it, reminds me of my old C4 vette. But its nothing a little more throttle wont take care of!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you use rubber instead of poly, you are introducing more movement and deflection back into the system which will make the torque arm work more like a stock arm. What are describing is one of the many reasons I stay with trans-mounted arms where you can run a stiff bushing, but not have vibrations coming into the floor-pan.

Anyway, I can't help ya there.

I am glad to hear you like the front bar. If you want to balance it out the reast of the way, we always have the "matching" rear!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sam, I'd like some rubber bushings for your 22mm hollow rear bar. The squeaking poly bushings are driving me nuts. I wonder if 1LE bushings could be modified to work?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You are first person so have any noise.... Did you lube them well with synthetic grease? My bar hasn't been touched in a loooong time and makes no noise at all, even when I'm jacking the car up and laying there as the bar rotates. I'd re-lube first. But the bushings are only slightly bigger than the 1LE's, so a couple of minutes with some sandpaper to make the hole the 1mm bigger is all you need if you want to go that way.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
If you use rubber instead of poly, you are introducing more movement and deflection back into the system which will make the torque arm work more like a stock arm.
Yeah, thats what UMI said when i tried to get them to help me.

at first i would try rubber just on one, and if thats not cushy enough, i'd do both of the bushings. Im not really concerned about ridding bushing deflection... im more concerned about tailshaft stress and comfort

but thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The idea that the tailshaft is weak is completely unfounded. You don't see many instances of broken tailshafts after all. I can't think of even one. I'd recommend a stock TA if you are that worried about it.

Simply put the arm won't work as it should, you are defeating the purpose of a more rigid arm by having soft bushings. And the arm will beat up those soft bushings in no time. The forces + the stiffness of the arm + soft bushings that will give with any force applied.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where can i purchase rubber bushings?