front and rear sqeek over bumps - LS1TECH

Suspension & Brakes
Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front and rear sqeek over bumps

Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
TECH Regular
Trader Rating: 0
Default front and rear sqeek over bumps

I have a squeek coming from both front and rear while driving over speed bumps slowly. I also have lots of instability on the road while driving (freeway). I also can feel just about every change/bump in road even more pronounced than 20,000 miles ago. Sounds like shocks eh?
mc01ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
TECH Resident
Trader Rating: 0

The squeeks are probably the swaybar endlinks. I know that's what caused the squeeks over speedbumps on my car. I replaced them with some polyurethane ones from autozone.
1997 Formula: Borla, Moroso CAI, 1LE Elbow, Airfoil, Aluminum DS, SLP STB, BMR SFC, Spohn LCA, 1LE Swaybar, Bilstein HD, WS6 Springs, Hotchkis PHB, LT4 KM, WS6 Wheels.

"A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." -Motor Trend
Chaotic Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
On The Tree
Trader Rating: 11

I sprayed my rear sway bar bushings and panhard bar bushings with some white lithium grease the other day and it stopped all sqeaks in the rear. I have had sqeaks in the rear since i bought the car 55k ago. Im about to pull the front sway this weekn and do the same.
98 Black M6 Camaro

408ci, Stock LS3 heads and intake, 235/243 649/651 114+4, 78mm lid, 95mm TB, 1 7/8 headers, E cut-out, midwest 9". 517/508. Track times soon if I can get it to hook.
m6camaro is offline   Reply With Quote