Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what sway bar setup for minimal body roll

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what sway bar setup for minimal body roll

First off I'm dealing with a third gen (not much difference than 4th gen). Basically I want damn near NO body roll. The car is going to be low...really low. But what sway bar setup should I go with. I know that weight transfer, springs, shocks, and stuff all play a big part in sway bar choice. The largest "stock" replacement bar (front) is 36mm (that I've seen available anyway). But I have seen some other setups for different types of race cars. Like a straight bar with spherical rod end links. I just want to know what my options are.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

You'll get better results for a Thirdgen here:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/suspension-chassis/
Old 06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the nice beefy hollow Hotchkis Swaybar package and am COMPLETELY satisfied.... I also lowered my car, and have minimal to NO body roll...
Old 06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast377
First off I'm dealing with a third gen (not much difference than 4th gen). Basically I want damn near NO body roll. The car is going to be low...really low. But what sway bar setup should I go with. I know that weight transfer, springs, shocks, and stuff all play a big part in sway bar choice. The largest "stock" replacement bar (front) is 36mm (that I've seen available anyway). But I have seen some other setups for different types of race cars. Like a straight bar with spherical rod end links. I just want to know what my options are.
most of the thirdgen guys that like big bars go with the Spohn ones... but theres alot of them that feel like the WS6 bars are large enough, and they go with stiffer springs from there..

the rear bars that are straight with arms and rodends are drag race bars... they're for launching straight, not turning.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
most of the thirdgen guys that like big bars go with the Spohn ones... but theres alot of them that feel like the WS6 bars are large enough, and they go with stiffer springs from there..

the rear bars that are straight with arms and rodends are drag race bars... they're for launching straight, not turning.
I didn't realize the straight bars were for drag racing...but then I never really thought about it. So basically if I run the biggest bar available, I can fine tune from there by playing with stiffer spring rates?

Quick Reply: what sway bar setup for minimal body roll