Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lowering springs?

What kind of lowering springs do I need and where to get them?

I want something that will ride good and give a nice stance to the car without making it look to low.

I'm buying an 01 SS that stock and has the 4x4 look to it.

I'm putting a set of TTII's on it 17 x 9.5 fronts and 17 x 11 rears with 315 Nitto drag radials on the back.

I'm looking in the Year One catalog and see a set of Lakewood/Eibach springs in it for $267.00 a kit. 1-1/2 " to 2" drop.

Will that work for the wheel and tire set up Im going with or will that put it to low?

I dont want the car to look like a lowrider. Just want a nice stance to it.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since no one has replied to your thred I'll throw in my $.02. First thing I'd recommend is checking out www.stranoparts.com. Go to the website and scroll to the bottom and call the Tech line and ask to speak with Sam. He will talk to you about your setup and what you want to do with your car. He's a big help in the suspension department and he knows what he's talking about.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with Hotchkis. I got mine from our local sponsor here MTI.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Teching In

I went with Eibach Sportlines but it sounds like that would be to low for you(2" drop) Find something in the 1" range and you should be happy.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

i have a set of sportlines too which look awesome, but are really bad for ground clearance. the eibac pro kit is a good compromise for lowering the car. the kit lowers the car about 1 inch and has good ride quality. my friend has a 98 SS with the pro kit in it and it looks and rides nice. its not quite as low as my car but the ride quality is better.... and he can run LTs and i can't cause the damn car is too low