Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

have a little prob....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have a little prob....

hello all... i have a little prob... i bought a 2001 ws6 trans am about 6 mo ago... it was all stock except the elbock lowering springs... and that is were the prob is. when i got the car it had brand new bfg kwd's in it... and just last week i had to replace the two front tires becouse they were worn to the wire on the inside of the tires. about 1 in on the edge... the rest of the tire was fine... i took it to get a fron end alinment and the guy told me that he could not get in to camber into factory specs... ok i understand why... my question is... what are some other parts that i need to keep it from eatin' up my front tires?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Launching!

tubular A arms would probably do the trick. Other than that I would change out the springs to a set that don't sit as low.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

thank you for your reply... i once again have yet another prob... my wife went to day and put on 2 new tires on the rear... and then put the two that were on the back to the front... hear is the prob.... when she left the tire shop the car turns left all by it self... pulls extreamly hard to the left... i am in iraq right not so i can not look at it my self... but i am trying to find out what the prob is so i can help her get it fixed.... just before i left i got the front end aligned... could it be the tires that are doing it... what do yall think... thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine did that after i lowered it and had it aligned. The guy at the alignment shop told me he could not get it in spec and got it as close as he could get it. When i went to drive away it pulled all the way to the right and would not self-center itself. I didnt even leave the parking lot and went back in and told them to fix it. They did and now its fine even got it into factory specs. My car is an 02 ss with eibach pro kit and bilstein revalves. Im sure they can get your car in spec too. I would just tell her to take it back to the alignment place. Its probably just something they are overlooking.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the replys... i will have her take it to a diferent shop... and see what they can do... thank you for your time....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Set the camber to about -.5 (it should get to that, or -.6, whatever will match up on both sides). Set the castor to about 4.5 to 5.0 (make both sides match) and ask for 0 toe (not in or out). That should be the street friendly alignment you're looking for. It will also handle slightly better (not a bad thing), but your tire wear will be vastly improved.

Be safe over there and thanks for your hard work. Hope you're headed home soon.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

thanks for all the help... my wife is geting it taken care of this weekend... thanks again