Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where can i get the cheapest price on 3rd gen rear konis?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can i get the cheapest price on 3rd gen rear konis?

thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 11:55 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

www.Stranoparts.com

He's a sponsor and extremely competitive with pricing.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not order the "4th gens?" On car adjustable with a **** is priceless.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Geez... he didn't ask for 4th gens. I happen to use 3rd gens on my own car, fwiw. There are reasons to use other than 4th gen shocks you know..... I'm not going to get into them here because someone will take the info and run with it.

They run about $105 a shock. Maybe not the cheapest, but as Alchemist said my pricing is quite competitive, and I actually use the product and drive the cars too. What is good information worth? $5 extra? 10?

Cheap has different meanings. One is "low in cost". Others are "low in worth, despicable, and stingy."

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.tirerack.com has them also.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

why not the 4th gens? because i don't graduate until december, and i don't have wads of money shooting out my ***....yet. not to mention christmas is closing in.

sam,
105 a shock, that is right up my alley. let me get this straight, the 4th gen konis adjust on car with a ****, and the 3rd gens you have to take off and twist the shaft or something, right? the adjustment doesn't bother me, i don't get to do anything cool with my car yet anyway. i just drive back and forth to school and to my fiancee's. so i'm sure they'd work perfectly for me for the time being.
oh yeah, can you pm me with total shipped to 75901.

many thanks,
josh
Old 11-13-2006, 01:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
www.tirerack.com has them also.
And I see Tire Rack deeply involved in this and other threads around here....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackened
why not the 4th gens? because i don't graduate until december, and i don't have wads of money shooting out my ***....yet. not to mention christmas is closing in.

sam,
105 a shock, that is right up my alley. let me get this straight, the 4th gen konis adjust on car with a ****, and the 3rd gens you have to take off and twist the shaft or something, right? the adjustment doesn't bother me, i don't get to do anything cool with my car yet anyway. i just drive back and forth to school and to my fiancee's. so i'm sure they'd work perfectly for me for the time being.
oh yeah, can you pm me with total shipped to 75901.

many thanks,
josh
You'd be looking about $225 or so shipped and insured. I really can't tell you for sure without a full address, but it'll be within a few bucks of that either way.

You are correct about the differences. Other thing is the 3rd gen has only 4 pre-set adjustments @ given force levels, the 4th gen has no pre-sets so it's more fine-tuneable. I'm sorry that I have to keep the force levels quiet, I need something to protect my knowledge. Happy to tell any customers of mine what the exact details are.....

Old 11-13-2006, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

well, i'll guess you'll be telling me then because i'll be buying those shocks from you shortly. thanks again for the help, and i'll contact you soon

josh
Old 11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Happy to!