Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wolfe 6pt bolt in cage install???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Wolfe 6pt bolt in cage install???

Just recieved my 6pt bolt in roll cage from Wolfe for my 94 z28. I was just wondering what's everything that needs to be removed and if you had any type of advice or tricks that will make the installation of the cage easier. I have the cage where the rear bars go threw the rear speakers. Any help of info would be nice
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hardest holes for me to drill were the ones for the front bars.
I stripped a cheap 90-degree adapter.
The dash was just sitting there (not bolted in) so I pulled it to finish drilling those holes.

One of those holes went right into the edge of a channel instead of alongside it. So I had to move the other 3 holes over enough to clear it. The instructions recommended drilling pilot holes first. I see why now.

When you go to cut the holes in the speaker grilles, make sure you have the grill turned the right way before starting the hole...

You have to temporarily take off the plastic part in the driver's rear fenderwell that covers the gas tank filler tube. One of the screws was in a push pin. It was easier to get under the car and push the pin out from the back-side of the hole (once the screw was out).

Seems like the plates for the rear bars wanted to sit up on the edge of my rear seat belt plates. I ended up taking those off (with a spot weld cutter). I found that if you try to chisel them off without cutting the spotwelds out, you start tearing holes in the fenderwell, and the welds are still holding. If you plan on taking the bar back out at some point, it's probably not a good idea to remove those seat belt plates though.

Quick Reply: Wolfe 6pt bolt in cage install???