Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable full rear suspension or not...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable full rear suspension or not...

I am looking to up the standard of my car. It has been very saggy and needs some sprucing up. I am looking and replacing my LCA, TA, PHB, relocation brackets, and SFC. I was wondering if I needing all the parts adjustable or just some. I am going to buy UMI (I like the Products alot) I just don't know where to start. I am using my car for daily Driving, street racing and also drag racing. I am upgrading my shocks to bilstein to cover all my bases. Any feedback would be helpful.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds good so far, I would look at the Adj. pieces. They are poly/rod.

Stock springs?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im debating on the same thing for my ride....STILL!!!! However I've heard that the poly/rod in the adjustables might make more road noise then the none adjustable with bushings so keep that Im mind also if its going to be a DD, but which ever the case: "its your car and your stuck with it so pick what you like and can afford"
Old 12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Anyone elses 2 Cents?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dragonnnfire
Anyone elses 2 Cents?
Yes, slow down.... Suspension changes should be made slowly IMHO, with careful thought of what you're trying to achieve. Of all the parts you listed the only part that makes sense to me right now is a shock change. If your car is a DD and is likely to spend 99% of it's life on the street then without hesitation I would tell you to change your shocks, consider a larger front swaybar (35mm+) and get a quality tire, in that order. Having said that, your decision to keep the stock springs or not will be critical in your shock choice.

SFC's? Do you really think your chassis is flexing that much? Adjustable PHB? Are you lowering the car or adding wider rubber? LCA's / Relocation brackets? Again are you lowering, are you experiencing wheel hop? Do you see where I'm going with this?

UMI make a quality product, but buy what you need to solve a specific issue with the car's ride or tire compliance. Adding parts *****-nilly and then saying voila is no way to build a suspension. Good luck....

Scott.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Car just feels really unresponsive and saggy. Really hoping it's the shocks. The person who owned the car before me only changed the back spring out to lower the car the rear. Some Mojo tried to destroy the car with shitty upgrades I am having to build the car back up.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Banned

Shocks and sway bars will make the biggest difference in tightening up the car, hands down! Most of the time you don't need anything else...

I like a good PHR because it ties the axle tight in place, plus you can make one yourself inexpensively. LCAs and TA are not necessary to liven the car up. LCA brackets are good if you do a lot of hard launches, like drag racing.

+1 for slowing down, you want to make small changes at a time and see how the changes effect the responsiveness of the car. I recommend shocks and Strano bars, you prob won't need anything more.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Teching In

I drove the car today and the feeling I have is it's a fairly rough ride with stock shocks but I am getting a good amount of wheel hop out of the rear end. I am going to take your guys advise and go slow I was figuring if I got all the parts done the change would immediate. It feels at times that the rear isn't attached to the front when you go over a bump. Corners are still tight to a degree so I don't know how front sway bars will help but every little bit will help.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah..assuming that youve got stock springs:

Change your shocks and sway bars = HUGE diffrence