Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Prothane vs. Energy Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prothane vs. Energy Suspension

I did a search and could not find any info on which is better or if they are the same.

I am going to be installing poly rear leaf spring bushings and rear control arm bushings on a 99 vette. I looked at Prothane and Energy Suspension. The spring kits are about the same price but ES rear control arm bushings are about $20.00 more. They both consist of 14 bushings and do not include shells.

I called both companies and ES said the reason theirs is more expensive is they are better bushings. The tech at ES said the way they mold or cast them makes their bushings alot stronger then Prothane's. My question then is why are the ES leaf spring bushings only $1.00 more then the Prothane bushings?

If anyone has any input on if the ES are worth the extra money TIA!!!

Let me rephrase this. I am not worried about the price differance. I am wanting to know if the price differance really reflects a better stronger bushing. If so that is what I will get.

Last edited by Alias; 02-05-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just curious, Why do you want polyurethane bushings? And what other modifications have you made to your suspension?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Teching In

It is a 800RWHP blown 408 vette. It is my friends car and I am helping him out. It is sitting on 70-80,000 mile stock suspension and wheel hops like mad. He is into drag racing and needs to get out of the hole alot better then he does.

The plans are front double adj. Hal shocks, tunnel brace, all poly rear bushings, rear adj. Hal shocks, and BMR solid rear sway bar. I just want to make sure we get the best bushings.

As of now he has a DTE stage 2 diff. (that has broke 2 or 3 times) and a DTE trans./diff. girdle.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drag Coil Overs
Old 02-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Both companies make quality parts. I would go with either brand.

Quick Reply: Prothane vs. Energy Suspension