Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I hate junkyards, why is this part so hard to find?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate junkyards, why is this part so hard to find?

I'm needing a new or used but in good condition upper spring perch for the passenger side shock on my Z-28. I thought I would get it from Billy Graham but he sent me the bushing that goes between the upper control arm and body. I've called several junk yards and they either don't have any 4th gen f-bodies or they want to sell me the whole damn strut assembly for $150.00. I don't need the whole thing, I just need that spring perch, bracket so I can put my Eibach springs on my new shocks. I guess my car will be sitting on jack stands this weekend. Anyone know where I can pick one up at? It's the piece that holds the spring onto the shock, the nut tightens down onto it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/547223-help-please-front-part.html

Is that the part you mean?

-Mike
Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We got the last one at NAPA for about $80. We found some cheaper ones (they had aluminum inserts where the bolts thread in and the studs were too short for an STB to be installed), but the aluminum inserts stripped out when we installed them. So, we went to NAPA and found some that appear to be exactly identical (probably from the same production equipment) to the stock ones. We swapped it on and it works great.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking for these parts also. I see on NAPAonline.com they list the following parts:

NCP2613195 - Left Strut Bearing Plate w/o Bearing - Front $75.39
NCP2613196 - Right Strut Bearing Plate w/o Bearing - Front $75.39

And then they list:
NCP2613197 Strut Bearing Plate Insulator w/ Bearing - Front $10.59

But the detailed description list no bearing for that part. Must be a typo on the website descriptions. I'm assuming if I wanted the complete assembly on both sides with the bearing I would need the left and right plates and 2 of the insulators with bearings?

I'm assuming

Quick Reply: I hate junkyards, why is this part so hard to find?