Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring Settlement Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring Settlement Question

I have just installed Strano springs and Koni SA shocks on my 1998 Z28, and I've got a question for you people with Strano Springs. Did your springs settle after being on the car for a while? If so, how much?

I'm asking because I am trying to decide if I should leave the front Koni's on the upper spring perch, or move them to the lower one. After installing the suspension the ride height dropped roughly 3/4 of an inch. Can I expect the springs to settle another 1/4 inch? If so, I will leave everything as is.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Jeeze, I wish I had your set. I didn't want more than a 1.2" drop. I started with 1.25" and after a month or so I was at a 1.5" drop using Koni SA's on the upper perch. Not sure why mine is so low?? I'm not running anything heavy up front.

25.75" front
26.5" - 26.75" rear
Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Do not run the lower perch with lowering springs. Ride heights are variable and have a LOT to do with what you started with (which varies widely car to car). And if you haven't driven the car (tune), it will settle a bit after driving around the block.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks Sam,

I knew you would chime in, and I'm glad you did. I will leave the springs on the upper perch. I haven't driven the car on the street yet and I can't wait to get it out to test the new setup.

By the way Sam, have you been able to reach a resolution with the USPS?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I have some paperwork to fill out. And, get this, that *you* need to as well. They are making things as difficult as possible on resolving their screw up. I'll be in touch on that issue.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Teching In

That sure is a lot of BS to deal with. I'll do what I can to help.

Quick Reply: Spring Settlement Question