Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hot weather = squeeky car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot weather = squeeky car

About 3 years ago I lowered my car with the eibach prokit. I didn't have the money to invest in shocks, so I kept the stockers on there. Rode a little rough but hey, it looked much better. Anyways, a couple of months back, I noticed a creaking sound like coming from both the front and rear end. Front was louder when it would make the noise, but not all the time. Rear was mostly quiet. I figured the stock shocks had gone out and it was time to swap them. I had a set of bilsteins revalved by Sam done, but never had the time to put them on.

So I swapped the rears and put the rubber bushings that came with the shocks on there and developed a high pitched squeek. Drove me nuts so I changed em back out to the stock rubber bushings (both the one inside the car and underneath). That got rid of the squeek but now they creek when you push down on the car.

Fronts shocks were done as well, and I tightened em down real well but when it gets hot outside, they make noise too. Sounds like rubber on metal rubbing I guess or a bed during some fun with the ladies Front only does it when it's hot and I'm driving the car for a few miles. At night or in the morning, they're dead silent.

My guess is the rubber bushings are shot, but all 4? Are they expanding during the heat causing them to rub? Rears will be easy and cheap I figure for some new bushings, but the fronts will obviously cost more. Upper spring perch, shock protector with rubber bushing inside, small rubber piece on top of spring perch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the car rides great, just squeeks in this Atlanta heat and drives me nuts
Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 AM

Default Fat lady on a worn out spring mattress

I too have that same noise coming from the front of my t/a when it gets hot out and after a few miles of driving. Did you ever find the culprit to that problem? I took mine to gm and they said they couldn't find anything. I figured they wouldn't as long as they didn't take it out for a few miles test drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The noise is only coming from the front driver's side.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol, nice resurrecting a 4yr old thread
Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Same here did the bilstien's / pro-kit about a year ago. In the winter months nothing.. no sounds. I live in South Carolina so as it heats up through the day after a few miles the the same sounds are coming from the front. If I push down on the hood its sounds just like rubber on metal as well. Curious to be educated on this!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Wow, funny enough I'm checking this old *** thread. I ended up greasing up the rear bushings and replaced the front ones. The trick is just figuring out which bushings are causing the squeaks, but it's been quiet the past 4 years.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MeanTAWS6
Wow, funny enough I'm checking this old *** thread. I ended up greasing up the rear bushings and replaced the front ones. The trick is just figuring out which bushings are causing the squeaks, but it's been quiet the past 4 years.
Which rear bushings?
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Does it sound something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jISLK...kA&index=1Mine does the same thing on the front only, and only after driving it for a bit and heating it up.

Quick Reply: Hot weather = squeeky car