Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2 point vs 3 point SFC's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2 point vs 3 point SFC's

I will be getting some UMI SFC's. I am just debating on whether the 3-points are better or will there not be any noticable difference. I do not do any autocross and I am not worried about handling. I am only interested reducing squeaks, rattles, drivability and straight line traction. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went 3pt. Triangles are stronger than no triangles! Anyways, like I stated in another recent post on a different SFC-related topic, I figured the more points they tied into on the car, the tighter everything would feel. After bolting mine in, I have no interior squeaks or rattles now. Very easy to install.

I also have their chassis-mounted torque arm, and it made me feel better having extra metal in the middle of the car to mount that to, and everything is tied in well across the car with the torque arm bracket installed as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i realize the 3 point can't be worse. i just don't know if it is worth it on a budget build. i am only running street tires and i won't be making any serious horsepower numbers anytime soon. i have a full bolt on car but the internals are all stock.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the standard two point, no need for the three point. The three point doesnt stop torsional twisting and the two point offers mutch more strength than needed to tie the unitized front/rear long members together. Why add more weight and spend more money when its not needed.

Quick Reply: 2 point vs 3 point SFC's