Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone using GROUND CONTROL???

Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using GROUND CONTROL???

i was wondering how you liked it, how much it would lower/raise and what you're using for shocks, my eibach pro-sag setup is starting to chap my ***, thinking about doing the ground control with some koni's..let me know!! thanks!!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Teching In

From what I have heard GC is amazing. I think they can go from a little lower than stock to a 2" drop but I'm not sure. The only really bad thing I have read about them is that it takes forever to get anything from them. I'd talk to Sam about them. I think he runs them and might still sell them (I know he use to).
Old 05-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

im selling some if you are interested. sleeves for the rear and spring and sleeve for the front. let me know
Old 05-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Let me know how much, I might be interested.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

yea, how much??
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

ws6transamws6- Pleae resize your sig to the 500x150 limit.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ws6transamws6
i was wondering how you liked it, how much it would lower/raise and what you're using for shocks, my eibach pro-sag setup is starting to chap my ***, thinking about doing the ground control with some koni's..let me know!! thanks!!
I bought my Ground Control setup from Sam Strano a couple years ago and installed it with Koni SA fronts and DA rears along with a set of his custom sway bars. I couldn't imagine driving my car set up any other way. The shocks made such a huge difference in the way the car rode and handled that I decided not to install subframe connectors, since all the shake and unsettled feel from the chassis turned out to be crappy stock shocks. I put 600 lb/in linear rate springs in the front (GC comes with Eibach ERS springs) and 150 lb/in rears. Stock rates are 300/75. On paper it seems stiff but my car rides so much better than it used to with soft springs. I have mine dropped about 1" in the front and 2" in the rear. I think there's a total of four to five inches adjustment up front and two to three in the rear. It took some trial and error but I found a ride height that looked good and didn't scrape anything. If I had to do it again it would be the first mod I'd do to the car.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

if someone is interested PM me
Old 05-25-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

I'm pretty sure JasonWW has a Ground Control setup in the front of his car at least. I'm sure he'll chime in here at some point, or maybe shoot him a PM
Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

thanks a lot guys!
Old 05-26-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I have it and love it.

I autocross with it and have gone 1.48 60fts too.

Talk to Sam he will hook you up. I have 500/150 springs with the Koni SA's

If you have a Moser 12 bolt, PM me and I will send you a drawing of the adapter I made for the rear spigot.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

I have GC on my car with Bilstein HD shocks all around...and a bunch of other susp. mods...but for the GC, I love how it is adjustable, I can have it slammed, or have it stock ride height, all at the turn of a wrench. Couldn't be happier.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup.. GC is a nice setup. I used to have it years ago on my v6 with Koni SA's. It was fun being able to take the car to the bump stops and hit the local cruise. I cut the ring off around the stock rear spring perches to get the GC perches even lower and welded them to the rearend as well. One thing I didn't like is the rear springs would fall out of the car when you would raise the car by the body. Also when you lower or raise the car it changes the camber and toe.

If I was to lower my current f car now it would be the same setup.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

where did you guys get your ground control kits??
Old 05-27-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

where did you guys get your ground control kits??
Sam Strano. He's a sponsor here.

www.stranoparts.com
Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess I am the one odd-ball that doesn't like the Ground Control setup...it is not a quick thing to adjust, and over time, they become harder and harder to adjust. I had one of the rear perches fail on me as well, which further disgruntled me. The springs they use in the rear are also very short, and under even a little droop, the springs are no longer in contact with either the body or the rear end.

The adjustability sounds cool at first, but honestly, I set it once and never touched it again. I'll be redoing my suspension at some point, and I'll be trading the Ground Control/Bilstein setup out for a Koni SA/Strano springs combo. Disagree with me all you want, but I tend to not look through rose-colored glasses.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

yea, i planned on just setting it once, i cant get the right stance, love the slammed look and the eibach sag and everything is just too much, so i want the ground control so i can set it to my liking and forget it
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

yea, i planned on just setting it once, i cant get the right stance, love the slammed look and the eibach sag and everything is just too much, so i want the ground control so i can set it to my liking and forget it
I would never recommend the Ground Control setup for what you are doing then. There are better ways to go about getting the ride height you want with other aftermarket spring setups. I don't think the benefit of adjustability outweighs the lack of quality of the end-product in this case.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your "rose colored glasses" have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of my Ground Control setup. But your arrogance aside, peoples' opinions of their product are generally positive (with some exceptions, obviously). Personally, I find the fit and finish to be excellent, and after years of daily driving and occasional track runs my adjusters still spin freely. Then again, I live out here in the desert where corrosion from moisture and road salt is of no concern. I've found the adjustability pretty useful since I move around quite a bit, and some areas have higher speed bumps and steeper driveways where my headers might scrape so being able to raise my car to clear them is convenient. On the flip side, I've never had any luck with lowering springs. I've never liked the stance, the car never seemed to sit level, and after a while the car would sag in the rear. I used Eibach Pro Kit springs on my first '94, Hotchkis on my '98, and Eibach Sportlines on my second '94. So to me, the adjustability is worth the extra money just to be able to get the ride height perfect.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by TooSlow02
Your "rose colored glasses" have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of my Ground Control setup. But your arrogance aside, peoples' opinions of their product are generally positive (with some exceptions, obviously). Personally, I find the fit and finish to be excellent, and after years of daily driving and occasional track runs my adjusters still spin freely.
Well, I'm glad you have that opinion, but the original poster needed to hear the flipside as well. People get misled quite often on here because they don't hear both sides of the story...

Call me arrogant all you want. You just need to do whatever is required to help you sleep better at night. If you feel like you need to call me names, then by all means, carry on. My opinion of you...well, I'll just keep that to myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone using GROUND CONTROL???