Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

code c1277,p1571 HELLLP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code c1277,p1571 HELLLP!

p1571,c1277 codes wont clear!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just installed a new stroker 428ci and after doing a wash of the engine compartment (coincidence??) I had these codes and the traction control light on the dash was lit up and at first the engine ran in a sort of limp mod but has since gone away but the codes still pop up. I dried every connecter to the ABS unit as well as the connecters along the frame heading to the wheels. now after that the abs light would appear intermitently ( it would clear and then not come back on for a couple of days) The steering rack was taken out several time to fix a small oil leak as well and I also installed the new C-6 Z06 brake package. Can anyone tell me, other than that the ABS might be pooched (worked perfectly for 30,000klm), what could be the cause...thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by klymaxr
p1571,c1277 codes wont clear!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just installed a new stroker 428ci and after doing a wash of the engine compartment (coincidence??) I had these codes and the traction control light on the dash was lit up and at first the engine ran in a sort of limp mod but has since gone away but the codes still pop up. I dried every connecter to the ABS unit as well as the connecters along the frame heading to the wheels. now after that the abs light would appear intermitently ( it would clear and then not come back on for a couple of days) The steering rack was taken out several time to fix a small oil leak as well and I also installed the new C-6 Z06 brake package. Can anyone tell me, other than that the ABS might be pooched (worked perfectly for 30,000klm), what could be the cause...thanks in advance.
Hey Max,

Did you check the connectors at the wheels, since you had been messing with the brakes. I had issues with my rear connectors on the Formula. I know it is a different car, but I had similar codes.

Good luck with it. I look forward to hearing the new motor!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Teching In

hey dale, engine runs great, went to barrie and wasaga yesterday... have @ 500miles now with an average yesterday @80mph of 24.6 mpg!! having issues of oil running at 257 deg thou and water at 210deg... whats with that! the 425 ls1 never ran more then 190's water and 230's for the oil. how about yours, what does it run. Oil pres drops to when this hot ...running 38-40lbs
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by klymaxr
hey dale, engine runs great, went to barrie and wasaga yesterday... have @ 500miles now with an average yesterday @80mph of 24.6 mpg!! having issues of oil running at 257 deg thou and water at 210deg... whats with that! the 425 ls1 never ran more then 190's water and 230's for the oil. how about yours, what does it run. Oil pres drops to when this hot ...running 38-40lbs
Mine ran hot last year but I put a B Cool rad in during the winter now its steady 180-195. Oil temps are unknow, I own a lowly Firebird and have yet to install a gauge.

Do you have an elec. water pump? Mine works great in heavy traffic, but with spirited driving will make the temps climb pretty quickly.

I have few changes in the works, but they will likely be for the winter.

Did you sort out the codes?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Teching In

The codes are still there cleaned all connections and am not sure if the new brakes have anything to do with it but i may end up taking it to the dealer to figure out. as for the temps.. i removed the therostat and the temps are right in line at normal driving but do climb a bit with spirited driving. staying at 180's to 190's and oil only gets to 230's and oil pressure stays above 41lbs now. in the old days if you removed the thermostat the temps would climb because the water never stayed in the rad long enough to cool down but at the sudjestion of the owner of meizer pumps it seems to work with these new aluminum rads.
max

Quick Reply: code c1277,p1571 HELLLP!