Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

deleting ABS/TCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default deleting ABS/TCS

i'm thinking of deleting my abs/tcs. the car will see a little bit if road time (only when it's sunny and 75 or nicer - never in rain and NEVER in snow) so my only remaining question is this, will deleting the ABS increase/decrease/not affect my stopping distance? (assume same brake setup save for ABS)
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deleting abs will do nothing other than allow you to lock up the tires when you smash on the brakes. Removing the tcs is no different than having it tuned out which imo would be a much better option since it could be retuned alot easier in case you sell it or want it back. But honestly you don't have much to gain by disabling them.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, there is a gain seen from deleting ABS/TCS.

-You'll drop ~20lbs of weight from your car.
-You'll also clean up the engine bay quite a bit.
-You're newly found open space actually improves air flow which can keep engine bay temperatures down which enables the engine to be cooled more effeciently.
-You'll will finally be able to adjust your brake bias with our proportioning valves..something you couldn't do from the stock setup.
-You'll save money by not needed additional ABS pieces which cost quite a bit of money when you purchase a new rear-end.
-You'll remove the hassle of figuring out why ABS isn't functioning correctly or what is wrong with your system when it fails.
-You'll save money by not having to replace sensors when they are bad.
-You'll open yourself up to more tire possibilities.

Finally, you won't ever have to post on the boards like umpteen users do stating "what is wrong with my ABS" or "help guys, I can't figure out why my ABS isn't working" or "everytime I step on my brakes, they pulse, please help!"