Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How will LCA's with brackets affect a torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will LCA's with brackets affect a torque arm?

My UMI LCA's and re-location brackets will be arriving this week hopefully and I'm gonna be ordering a torque arm next but was wondering how they will affect each other. If I get the non adjustable one will it be as affective due to the LCA's being mounted in a different spot or no? Or should I just go the adjustable route? I guess I don't see the need for an adjustable one since it's going to stay the stock height and the only other suspension mods I plan on doing is maybe a panhard bar.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

nobody knows? I'm hoping UMI or BMR will chime in here!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

the torque arm limits movement in one direction. LCA's limit movement in another direction. Generally they don't care about each other. If you want to adjust pinion angle. Get an adjustable torque arm. If you want to adjust thrust line, get adjustable LCA's.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by waldershrek
My UMI LCA's and re-location brackets will be arriving this week hopefully and I'm gonna be ordering a torque arm next but was wondering how they will affect each other. If I get the non adjustable one will it be as affective due to the LCA's being mounted in a different spot or no? Or should I just go the adjustable route? I guess I don't see the need for an adjustable one since it's going to stay the stock height and the only other suspension mods I plan on doing is maybe a panhard bar.
If you are looking to stay stock ride height a non-adjustable torque arm will work fine. There is no relationship between the LCA's and having an adjustable or non adjustable torque arm. If you have any other questions I can help answer please feel free to ask......

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

Last edited by BMR Suspension; 06-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.