Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how do I adjust my E brake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how do I adjust my E brake?

right now the handle just fly's up, or if I try enough times it seems to grab at the very top.

it's acting like the cables have alot of slack.

is there a way to adjust or could it just be my rear brakes are just worn and it's time to replace. they do have 94,000 miles on them.

thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crawl down there and look, ide say time for brakes depending on how much you have driven it in its life that could be alot of braking for those stock brake pads
Old 06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you take the back rotor off, there's a little like horseshoe looking thing that fits inside the rotor. Thats the e brake. The cable pulls on the hook behind the backing plate, and pushes apart two pieces of round metal, thus stretching the horseshoe out and holding the rotor in place. There the horseshoe meets at the bottom where the (i dunno what its called exactly) circular metal things are, you can adjust it. One side has a like a sprocket on it. The part the shoe sits on screws into that sprocket....you can unscrew it a little and that should tighten it up a bit. I havnt tried it yet, but that should work.....

maybe there's another way, thats all i know.