Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bled 3 of 4 Corners- Good Enough?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bled 3 of 4 Corners- Good Enough?

I removed my front calipers to paint them and I stripped my front passenger bleeder screw while trying to loosen it... I have bled all corners but the front passenger, is this good enough? Or do I need to get a new bleeder screw and start over?

Thanks,
Lane
Old 06-09-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to have to fix the front caliper and fully bleed the line. If any air is trapped in the line that caliper will not be able to build enough pressure to actuate the brake at that wheel.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

alright thanks man. any ideas on the best way to remove a stripped bleeder valve?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good pair of vise-grips and some patience should be all you need.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TooSlow02
A good pair of vise-grips and some patience should be all you need.
Vice grips are the best thing ever when working on those piece of **** brake lines. I tried so many different wrenches only to have every single one but the driver's side front strip on me . I couldn't even get the rear middle one off where it goes into the T (non traction control). I had to take the whole rear brake line out to get them off with the vise grips. I ended up bending the line doing it and when I put it back on had to do some adjusting . The bleeder screws came off relatively easy for me. My Brake light still comes on though, but my cars not moving anytime soon so I'm not too worried.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

If your sitation was similar to mine, and you couldn't get the screw off with vice grips and turned your screw into a metal mess, you have another option. Replacing the whole caliper with a refurbished stock caliper from autozone is only 40 a piece for the fronts. They charge you a 40 dollar core charge as well until you give them your old caliper. I spent more money on tools to remove the bleeder screw than I did buying new calipers.

Both front bleeder screws wouldnt even come off with a 6 point socket when they weren't stripped. They were completely seized.

I autox and the remanufactured calipers have worked better than my stock ones. Probably since the pistons have clean and fresh seals and also that I put on ss brakelines and did a fluid change. Just letting you know those replacement calipers are an affordable option

Quick Reply: Bled 3 of 4 Corners- Good Enough?