Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lca relocation brackets on a 9 inch

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lca relocation brackets on a 9 inch

Are there any bolt on brackets that will fit a moser 9 in. I have bmr's and they don't fit. I would rather not weld them on since it came powdercoated from moser and I don't want to grind it down
Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The problem with Moser rear ends is they make there control arm brackets much wider then factory and at the same time use thicker plate. They also do not mount there shock mounts in the "exact" location as a factory rear. So with that being said I really doubt you will find any compnay that makes a bolt on bracket for a Moser. We do offer a weld in version and it can be seen below.

www.umiperformance.com/2011

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

even the UMI weld in for the moser 9" I still had to grind down a bunch of metal off the LCA mounting bracket on the 9" housing to get the brackets to fit on there. It was easily off 1/8" in total width that had to be removed.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

I never had it that bad, but yes Moser tolerances are very loose. Both there control arm mounts and panhard bar mounts vary in width making it tough for us manufactors.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't knocking it at all there Ryan. I could tell that the mounts were different sizes from the drivers to passenger sides being that you're relocation brackets were the same size/shape out of the box, whereas the fit was different from the panhard bar mounting side compared to the other. Not sure if all moser housings are like that, but in that case you'd have to make 2 different width brackets for each moser housing instead of identical brackets for both sizes.

Last edited by xpndbl3; 06-18-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

I didn't think you were. This problem is very common with Moser. The shame of it is, people call us and act like our products don't fit right. We tell them to call Moser and complain.. not us... but they continue to blame us. Don't get me wrong, we use Moser rear ends and they are just fine, its just there tolerances on control arm, panhard bar and shock mounts that make it more difficult sometimes.

This is the reason we can not make a bolt on relocation bracket for the Moser rear end.

Quick Reply: lca relocation brackets on a 9 inch