Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vogtland springs

Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vogtland springs

Been looking online at these for the past couple of days and have seen a few guys on here have them. Tried to pull up some reviews online but all I could find was reviews for mustang springs. If you got them, have had them, or know somebody how does please post up and tell about them. I see the WS6 store sells them so they can't be that bad hahaha

PICS IF YOU GOT THEM looking for 1.2ish drop Prokit was to big of drop loved the look but the spike strip they put on base said it was to low when it ripped by duals off (haha ..... not really) Also looking at hotchkis but not sure if that 1" would be enough Please post up pics of the hotchkis shots if you got them too...

thanks to all that reply
dave
Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get Sams 1.2 and Konis SA

Great combo
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

i have sams springs and koni SA. it is a big drop though.....moreso then another TA ive seen with hotchkis and bilstien HDs. also, keep in mind that setup is more for performance/handling, then just being for looks. as such, its quite expensive. youre looking at roughly $1000 just for springs and shocks.
i have pacesetters, TSP catted Y, and loudmouth. it hangs so low she's almost undrivable now. im going today to an exhaust shop, see if he can cut and weld something better. i did the hose mod on the rear springs, then went back to the isolater, just to get an extra half inch clearance. ill post some pics later today.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

There isn't a lot of drop between my springs and Hotchkis. Actually if there is a ride height complaint it's that some don't think mine lower the car enough, which is a judgement call on looks. I lower the car and detemined the height based on what I found worked best for suspension travel and Cg, looks weren't the primary goal--they just happen to have looked pretty good to most.

And FWIW, my springs and Revalves are $799. Koni's add to the cost, but $799 isn't $1000.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by coolformula
Get Sams 1.2 and Konis SA

Great combo
$$$$$$$$ ....$! some people dont have or care to blow that much for an excellent ride. hotchkis springs with kyb gr2 work just fine and will last just 40k miles....fine with me for the price.

not knocking anyone with strano suspension im sure the ride is SUPERB.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have to nix the idea of GR2's on Hotchkis.... GR2s are just oe replacement dampers, but not ideal for lowering springs in any way, shape, or form.

And sure $800 for Revalves and springs isn't super cheap, but you get what you pay for. And I'm pretty much betting that there are slew of folks here who have that much money just in their exhaust systems which are much simplier and don't work nearly as hard or under all the different demands of a suspension.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Last edited by Sam Strano; 06-28-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

I never said you were expensive, or overly so. i only stated that because the koni/spring combo is developed for racing. not just for a lowered look. hence the higher price. i stated the price so the OP would get an idea of what hes getting into. if he DOESNT race, then why spend the extra money on koni/springs and have the adjustability on the shocks, when all he wants is to drop it for LOOKS, not performance. thats why id suggest bilsteins and some kind of matching springs. why buy an elephant gun when youre hunting rabbits?? calm down sam, i wasnt insulting you or saying you were too expensive. if i thought so i wouldnt be buying your products.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And nor did I say you said that. But you did say that something cheaper was adequate and that I disagree with idea that these things were "developed for racing" and that's all. Handling is handling, balance is balance. What I do it more real world than a car that only runs on a glass smooth race track. Koni's were supplied on 1LE cars, which anyone could walk into a GM dealer and buy. The dynamics of the suspension, the weight of the car and so on do not change if the car is running around turn 1 @ Watkins Glen or an off ramp. The car doesn't know.

If he doesn't race why spend the money? Quite simply because what we want is control and stability, etc. If he wants that, then that's why he spends the money. The ride changes, the driveability will be effected. Hell you could take a set of tires off, put 4 new ones on the same size but a different type (even if it's the same brand) and the car will drive differently. You can use adjustment to compensate if you put a softer sidewall tire on, you can crisp up the response to counter what you may of lost, and vice-versa.

And I am a bit put off by the fact you think I'm over-reacting or not being calm. I never yelled, told anyone they are dumb, etc. I was pointing out the recommending shocks that aren't meant to handle lowering springs wasn't the wisest choice (cost aside). And frankly I don't think a springs that vary rate all over is all that wise either. Great marketing, but you'll find all the best performance cars don't use rising rate springs, largely because the shocks are there to damp spring rate, and if that rate is in flux, that can create some issues that aren't ideal.

The stock springs are linear, You don't find progressives on Porsche's, Ferrari's, even Corvettes, let alone competition cars.

Suspensions are about controlling the sprung and unsprung mass appropriately. Not about "racing" or street driving. Hell Baja trucks are "racing vehicles", but don't exactly use the same setups as a Nextel Cup car....

Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have ahd KYB GR2's on my lowered daily driver and I barely got 10K miles out of them. I learned my lesson. I opted for the koni's which is a great shock for any lowering spring.

Mike
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Back on topic now........My car has said springs, the ride is actually quite nice for a budget spring. They were installed before i bought the car but i have had no trouble out of them. It lowered the car just over 1.25" all around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vogtland springs