Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilovers

what kit is the best bang for the buck? Also coilovers all around or just front and what kind of spring in the rear then? Car is a daily driver that does go to the track. Just want the car to ride like stock, be lower, and not kill me at the track.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

So whats wrong with Konis SA and Sams springs? For whole lot less money?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

I just bought some Koni's and deciding on springs now.still thinking about a coil over set up.If I do C/O's it will be ground control
Old 07-01-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some great stickies to read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/513475-canyon-carving-street-suspension-setup-review-long.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/643950-suspension-mods-real-world.html

With those mentioned, I'd like to ask, what exactly are you doing AFA "at the track?"

I noticed that you mentioned on your FQuick page a 1/4 mile time, so are you looking at primarily drag racing, or some sort of AutoCross/OpenTrack/RoadRace type of competition.

While there is nothing wrong for desiring what you mentioned above, it's not very realistic, though you can come pretty close.

AFA the coil-overs, you'll be spending quite a bit of money and getting very little in return for what you're aiming for. Don't rule out the possibility of considering a good "replacement style" spring.

Quick Reply: coilovers