Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Motor Mount Install Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount Install Problems!!!

I'm trying to get my 408 installed but i can't figure out which motor mount goes on which side. At some point I lost track one went on which side. Anyway there is an upside and downside to each motor mount. Relative to the big center bolt, the bolts that go into the block have 1/2" more distance than the ones on the other side. So if the clamshells are installed wrong the motor will be tilted to one side or the other if they are installed wrong. Somebody please help me. There are some black tabs on the clamshells, if somebody could tell on which side of the motor that the tabs should be on the front or rear , I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

You could call a dealer with the part number and see which side is which. My .02
Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the only sure way i can think of......
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've already been to the local dealer, the OEM part # for driver and passenger side is the same. I compared my Prothane mounts to the OEM and they are the same, it's just a matter of figuring out which side of the motor gets the higher part of the mount.I talked to a couple of techs and they have never replaced a LSX motor mount. Since I have the heads and balancer already on, it's a bitch getting the motor in and out so I'd like to get the motor mounts on right the first time. Someone must know the correct tab orientation.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

The tabs on the mounts themselves should be higher than the center bolt if i remember correctly. Im confused though if your refering to the mounts or the brackets that hold the mounts. I think the mounts are the same, but if you removed the brackets then there should be only one way they can actually fit... hope that helps.. i would go out to my car and take some pics for you but im in Rome enjoying the sites

-Chris