Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whos running Strano revalves/springs with LTs???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whos running Strano revalves/springs with LTs???

So I'm possibly thinking about putting on Sam's revalved Bilsteins and his springs, but I've seen the drop to be as much as 1.25". I just got my long tubes and y-pipe put on (all stainless so I don't really feel like scraping em' all up) and i was just wondering who else out there has this combo on their car that is running long tubes. Pictures are also good, if you have them; thanks!

Last edited by TexZ; 07-17-2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Me. Kooks with catted ypipe. I've only scraped going over the humps at seekonk speedway but only slightly. I think I scraped going over a speedbump too fast too.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

i have koni with strano springs. pacesetter LT, TSP catted Y, loudmouth. its so low now its almost undrivable. the exhaust was done before the suspension, so when i had it done, it was fine with stock springs. its best doing the suspension first, then exhaust. at the time, i didnt have any other choice. i may have to get another custom exhaust done after i race this month, depending on how bad it is. the biggest problem are the cats. if you have an ORY, youll be fine, just be sure you point the clamps in the best position for ground clearance.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

I've also got a set of Strano springs along with Koni SA's and haven't had any trouble with scraping my longtubes. I used to have Jet-Hots before without a problem and now I have XS longtubes and I still have no problems. I think the only longtubes you'll have ground clearance issues with is the SLP's.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I have longtubes too and don't scrape the headers. I'm running a "strano" setup.

Please note that if you have really low headers, it won't much matter what springs you run. I've seen some scrape headers with STOCK springs.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I have longtubes too and don't scrape the headers. I'm running a "strano" setup.

Please note that if you have really low headers, it won't much matter what springs you run. I've seen some scrape headers with STOCK springs.

Right, it's just that this is my first set of longtubes and not too many people have the same brand yet (American Racing), so I don't exactly know how they compare with the clearance of other brands. Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have to give you a call Sam if I end up keeping the car.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

If you're going to get a catted y-pipe, my best advice would be to get one custom made, possibly with oval pipes for better clearance. I have the TSP catted y-pipe and Hotckhis springs, and they scrape a lot. Usually, it's more the y-pipe than the headers that cause problems.

-Mike
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got the matching catted Y from American Racing, the left side is oval pipe and the cats don't stick down too much.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

American Racing and Kooks are pretty much the same set up. Both should fit very tight. I have Kooks LT's and their Catted Y on my car, Im running Strano springs and Koni Adjustables and I still have just about 3 inches of clearance. I will try to get up some pics in a bit to show you for comparison. Overall, Im extremley satisfied with that set-up.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Sorry For The Big Pictures!

First off, The GOOD OLD Can for measuring....roughly 5 inches

NOW FOR THE MEASUREMENTS....
The Lowest part of my car- The Driverside Cat....About 3" clearance at this point!

The Second lowest part, the remaining part of the Catted Y...

And lastly, the third lowest part, my UMI Subframe connectors where they tie into the undercarrige where the tunnel brace used to be, still about 4" inches of clearance there...

Heres some more pics for ya, as the whole underside. Im EXTREMELY Satisfied with my set up as it tucks up very nicely- you cant really see much. Its all just about even with the front K-Member if you look closely. Anyways Enjoy!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

I am running Sams springs and revalves, with Kooks LT's and catted y. I don't have any pics of ground clearance like EvilBLK02TA, just some side shots of the car if you want. The only 2 times I have scraped, was on a speed bump that was about 4 inches tall, and had no slope to it, it went straight up. No problems getting in and out of driveways or going over normal speed bumps.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks a lot guys for the responses, especially the pics EvilBLK02TA. I think it sounds like I shouldn't have any problem!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Damn....Evil......That car is spotless under there. Do you drive that on the street? What kind of SFC are those? Sweet looking from the underside.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

SS1156- Yes I drive the car on the street, but only on nice days, its not my daily driver. Those SFC's are UMIs three point bolt in's. Thanks for the compliments. I have done up a whole thread in regards to my set up here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...53#post7469353
Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I'm running Sam's revalved Bilsteins with Eibach Pro Kit. Perfect stance and no issues with my Kook's longtubes.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

It probably mostly depends on what type of LTs you get. Kooks fit pretty tight up into the car.