Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Im ordering Brembo Blanks for the front

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Im ordering Brembo Blanks for the front

from Rotorsonline, I think I saw the cheapest price there for the Brembos.

But they better be better than OEM blanks, or else I dunno why Im paying so much for them.

My Oem rotors are cracking due to high speed braking on my car and I run Hawwk pads on em.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, I'm having a hard time figuring what you are typing out.

I think you are asking that you bought brembo blanks and are checking if it's better then a stock rotor?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry...

I said My OEM rotors are cracking so Im gonn abuy new rotors...

and Im asking if the Brembos are better than OEM rotors and if they will have a longer lifespan than OEM . or else why would anyone buy the Brembo blanks, right?

also Im asking if rotors online was the cheapest place to purchase the Brembo blanks?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

brembos are good, i just get rotors that use us steel. this way i dont pay much and i can get two for the price of a single brembo.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My autozone duralasts take a BEATING every weekend at autocross events..

cheap!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

SO brembos use US Steel?

The OEM blanks I used were chinese steel. I can get US steel blanks for cheaper than Brembos?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Sorry...

I said My OEM rotors are cracking so Im gonn abuy new rotors...

and Im asking if the Brembos are better than OEM rotors and if they will have a longer lifespan than OEM . or else why would anyone buy the Brembo blanks, right?

also Im asking if rotors online was the cheapest place to purchase the Brembo blanks?
Brembos make a great rotor, I use them on my camaro.

One of the best places to get them is Tire Rack, Strano parts and a few other places carry them.

I really like using brembos rotors, many people agree. There are other rotors out there many are happy with.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Brembos make a great rotor, I use them on my camaro.

One of the best places to get them is Tire Rack, Strano parts and a few other places carry them.

I really like using brembos rotors, many people agree. There are other rotors out there many are happy with.

OK, but will they outlast the oem blanks? and are they a higher quaility steel?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
My autozone duralasts take a BEATING every weekend at autocross events..

cheap!
how much are those? the OEMs @ Autozone are like 30 each for front, but I dunno if they are duralasts or just Autozone brand. Unless Duralast is stamped all of AUtozone's products.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just checked that out and my price shows 65 bucks for direct replacements from vatozone....
Old 07-21-2007, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

65 each or both?
Old 07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

if youre talking about going to a road coarse, what some people do is buy the cheapest, shittiest rotors you can find, and use them ONCE at the track. after which, throw them out. ive read posts about Brembo blanks warping, not so much cracking. but if youre having that much of a problem, id just keep buying cheap rotors for track days. for autoxing, temps really dont get as high as they do on tracks, so there is less chance for rotors/brakes to fail. thats why brake ducting isnt really needed for autox. unless its a big, long track, a typical autox might be anywhere from 38 second to 1min 10 seconds, roughly. thats nowhere near enough time to really overheat brakes/rotors.

second note, if youre having such brake problems on tracks, id highly suggest getting a brake duct setup. either make your own or buy one from something like severn motorsports.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
if youre talking about going to a road coarse, what some people do is buy the cheapest, shittiest rotors you can find, and use them ONCE at the track. after which, throw them out. ive read posts about Brembo blanks warping, not so much cracking. but if youre having that much of a problem, id just keep buying cheap rotors for track days. for autoxing, temps really dont get as high as they do on tracks, so there is less chance for rotors/brakes to fail. thats why brake ducting isnt really needed for autox. unless its a big, long track, a typical autox might be anywhere from 38 second to 1min 10 seconds, roughly. thats nowhere near enough time to really overheat brakes/rotors.

second note, if youre having such brake problems on tracks, id highly suggest getting a brake duct setup. either make your own or buy one from something like severn motorsports.

Well I went to the track back in January, and the rotors that went on were still the same rotors that Im using to this day as well as the same brake pads (Hawk).... I have on oem autozone blanks ( chinese steel)

For track days I would still use cheap OEM blanks, this(brembos I ordered) is just for a DD car, but I do go a little crazy on the streets sometimes. SO I wanted a little upgrade.

IF for a DD and for track-use there isnt a difference, then I should still go with cheap OEMs.

However I already have the Brembos ordered, so I will still install them,
Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

id use brembos for DD use. thats what ill be doing when i do a brake job. for the track, stick with throw-away cheap ones. i dont think even hard street driving would wreck a good brembo, but you never know. hard stop, hitting some bumps, anything could happen. id get them over cheap ones for a DD/weekender though.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
id use brembos for DD use. thats what ill be doing when i do a brake job. for the track, stick with throw-away cheap ones. i dont think even hard street driving would wreck a good brembo, but you never know. hard stop, hitting some bumps, anything could happen. id get them over cheap ones for a DD/weekender though.
k thanks.

I also have some summit cross drilled n slotted rotors in my garage and some EBC yellowstuff pads. Just saving those as "spares"

well if my cheap rotors lasted months under hard use and a trackday. Im sure the brembos will hold just fine.

also I can just grind the cheap oem rotors down as well, duh! for me!