Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Problem With Double Adj Lca's

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With Double Adj Lca's

Ever since I had my double adjustable rear lower control arms put on, iv had a problem with them. I cant get them to stop moving side to side basically. Whats happening is for example il be turning the wheel almost all the way to get into a parking spot. And il hear them clunk (roll over) to the other side. Also it is causing my steering wheel to shake so something is going on here. And basically I have no clue what it is. I have to 2 nuts on the control arm that tightens them down tight so I dont know what else to do. Also at high speeds and turning il feel the difference with the arms, itl get out from under me for a second if I take a turn. Any advice?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Did you forget any spacers?
Can you post pics of the LCAs?

What brand are they?
Did you get them new or used?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Launching!

Im not sure exactly on the spacers. I will try to get pics of them up ASAP probobly like tomorrow. My friend did all the work. So me thinking he didnt put in the spacers or something. On the brand I know they were some cheap 150 dollar ones off of ebay. But it was so long ago, I cant search that far on my bought items on there. And the exact ones arent on there no more. Anyways I hope some pics can help, and i will try getting that done when I get home. Basically nothing is stopping the ball joint from moving. And thats what im guessing a spacer would go.......... Thanks, Chad
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Automaticfastic
[My friend did all the work. So me thinking he didnt put in the spacers or something. On the brand I know they were some cheap 150 dollar ones off of ebay. But it was so long ago,
Not to be an ***...But that those sound like your problems...

Spherical bushings? Sounds like the spacers are not on and its sliding back and forth throwing your handling way off. Regular polyrubber bushings don't have them.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Launching!

I took a couple pics last night, but I will get the car on stands and the wheels off to get better ones this evening.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Any update?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Well last night I was playing with them. And I hope its because the back of the control arm, that nut isnt tight enough. And my cresent wrench was too big to fit because of the relocation brackets. So tomorrow morning im going to get a smaller one. And see if thats the problem. Also I think I must of got the driver side tight enough, cause I dont think its moving. Just the passenger, also I only hear the raddle from the passenger side. So im thinking maybe the nut isnt tight enough. I took pictures last week but they came out shitty. And I forgot to do it last night when I had the car up unfortunatly. But im hoping thats the problem, cause I wanna go to the track again with my slicks...... I will repost for sure on Saturday cause my dad has internet at his house and thats where the car has a driveway to sit on.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Well, they both still move after a hard days driving it. But ima still going to give it a shot tomorrow..........