Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjusting single adjustable konis

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting single adjustable konis

i just got my front/rear sets and theyr single adjustable, im tryin to find the best setting for the road right now but the instruction picture only has how to adjust it off the car...it was my understanding that it could also be adjusted in the car as well...this is for the rears. the front just has the peg you put in and turn...if this is the case what have some of you done with the rear shocks to maintain good driveability?...thanks
Ted
Old 07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Launching!

If they're 4th gens, in front, start at four turns back from full hard, in back, if they came with a ****, go full soft (that just sounds bad ). Then adjust from there to what you like. If you have third gen rears, you have to take them out, but I'm not sure how to adjust them because I haven't used them. I wish I had a picture to explain, there's a thread on here that explains the process, and has pics too. My settings are 4 from full hard in front, 1/2 turn from full soft rear, but I have Strano springs, 550lbs front, 150lbs rear. So, you'll have to play with your settings until you get them where you like. I'll be tweaking the rear rebound after removing the monster of a speaker box in the rear, and in the front, I may change for Autocross if I can ever go to any events.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

fold down the rear seat, the carpet is perforated so you can access the top of the rear shocks without pulling up the carpet. stick your **** on and adjust.