Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

the "ultimate" suspension set up (street/handling)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the "ultimate" suspension set up (street/handling)

Ive been doing a little investigating and have seen some mixed reviews and opinions on some things. My question is, what is the "ultimate" street/road course suspension set up on a 4th gen?

Ive heard some mized reviews with BMR stuff with real aggresive driving, so who makes better products for that? (keeping weight in mind - tubular A-Arms, K members, etc.)

and coilovers, who makes the best for handling applications? and do they work well with the above products?

i mean, short of putting in a vette IRS and slicks what can be done to give it MAX handling?
Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For handling sam stranos konis w/ his springs are said to be the best out there. I have no experience w/ them but plan on buying them in the near future. As for locating the axle, all the big companies are about the same. I have pavlock performance lca's and phb, was my first suspension mod and was very well worth it, especially for the price. and im not sure but i dont think tubular a arms and k member really do a whole lot for handling.Do a search, there is plenty to be found on this subject.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stoverz28
For handling sam stranos konis w/ his springs are said to be the best out there. I have no experience w/ them but plan on buying them in the near future. As for locating the axle, all the big companies are about the same. I have pavlock performance lca's and phb, was my first suspension mod and was very well worth it, especially for the price. and im not sure but i dont think tubular a arms and k member really do a whole lot for handling.Do a search, there is plenty to be found on this subject.

less weight is just as important to me as improved handling

and they arnt supposed to flex as much as stock parts either IIRC

Last edited by carsonp; 07-28-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

UMI is supposed to have good products and has a good reputation. They have a killer roadracing version of their tubular K memeber. SJM also seems like thy have good products for LCAs and PHB etc.
As far as springs and shocks, I would look around a little and draw your own conclusions, but Koni shocks, Sam Strano 1.2" lower springs and his hollow sway bars seem the way to go for a great handling car.