Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Squeaks After Doughnuts and crazyness...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Squeaks After Doughnuts and crazyness...

I have new front end squeaks over bumps now (loud squeaks) after the crazy parking lot driving and burnouts. Anybody know what that might be from? I bend something?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Found this. Hoping it's just something in the suspension I broke.. bushing or something. Hopefully didn't screw the frame. I'd think it'd take more than that to bend a frame. Anyhoo:

Control Arms: The primary job of the control arms is to mount the suspension to the frame or body of the vehicle and to allow the suspension to move and keep it in its proper place. They come in all shapes and sizes and are specifically designed to maintain the geometry of the suspension in a wide range of movement. The most common problem is that the bushings at the body mounting points wear out causing unwanted movement and/or a terrible squeaking noise.

Whatcha think? How the heck would I know? I need to take it in?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine squeaks over sharp speed bumps. im planning on upgrading to some better shocks soon hoping that its being caused by my worn out shocks.

anyone else have any experience with squeaking?!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

I got under the car tonight and had the wife jumping up and down on the side rail trying to track it down... but it didn't work so well. lol I do believe it's a bushing.... but don't have the slightest idea on how to narrow down to which one. I know what side it's on but there are several bushings close to one another and it's a bitch to track down. Should there be some kind of physical rip or something if I screwed a bushing?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Yes there could be. Bushings you should jack up the car and find out which one(s) is/are ruined. Are you certain they're coming from the front and not the rear?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Pretty certain. When I pull into the garage, the little bump going into it makes the car squeak LOUD when the front tires roll over it.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Try the easy stuff first - sway bar bushings front and rear. They are notorious squeakers as they age.

Quick Reply: New Squeaks After Doughnuts and crazyness...