Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

comp eng. shocks and relo brackets and worse traction???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default comp eng. shocks and relo brackets and worse traction???

okay, my car has the eibach prokit with bmr tubular lower control arms and an adjustable track bar with a "welded solid" panhard bar. i also installed some lower control arm relocation brackets "set on the lowest hole". i got 15x10 draglites with 275-50-15 mt drag radials... street was pretty good if you if you came off of idle but u could rev to much "1800 rpms" without spin. it hooked good at the track anything below "2100 rpms". it runs 1.9 60's with a 12.38 1/4 mile.
it seems it hooked better with the stock shocks out back???
btw it's a m6 with 380 rwhp

now i put some comp eng shocks out back set on the 50\50. i haven't went to the strip yet but street traction just went to ****! i can leave off idle and it spins like a ****??? what's up? i'm still runnin on the same pavement but it sux now.. i was hoping for some 3000+ rpm launches any ideas... i haven't checked pinion angle with the relocator brackets and comp eng shocks.. could this be the culprit or do i just need to soften the adjustment of the shock? i'm itching to run some high 11's. any info is greatly appreciated...

Last edited by stangbangin69; 08-08-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are on the softest setting of the shock...you probably need to stiffen and get some anti-squat....you want the front to come up for weight transfer but you don't want the rear to squat if your tires can handle it.....its the equal and opposite reaction theory...when the rear squats the shocks is actually lifting the rear housing up...if the rear lifts it plants the housing down and if your tires can handle it you get more bite....running street tires i have to soften the shocks, but if your running a sticky tire you can stiffen it up....i stroked the shocks in each setting too 30/70 is the stiffest regardless of what the box says....the website actually says the opposite of the box thats why i tested it

Quick Reply: comp eng. shocks and relo brackets and worse traction???