Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wheel hop....I think

Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wheel hop....I think

After I lowered the car I noticed that when I get on it I get a kind of vibration, clunking and it feels like my rearend is gonna puke at any moment. But I had the rear checked out and nothing was wrong, although it is leaking which I hear is normal for the most part with the stock 10bolt. So now I'm thinking, with couple other opinions that this is just wheel hop. I just had the intake put on the car and got a dynotune and now the car really does this cause it pulls alot harder. My question is what will cure this? Will LCA's and relocation brackets get rid of it or will I need to get other suspension upgrades? And is this stuff easy to install, I honestly don't know much about this kind of stuff.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Launching!

ttt....
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes i would start with some LCA's and relo brackets, also probably need an adjustable PHR since you are lowered, your rear end is probably not centered now. But i'd start with that.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I think I'd start with just the relo brackets unless you're worried about paying shipping twice. The relo brackets should help alot.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

subframe with is def a worth while mod helps the car alot, also a Torque arm will help you alot with wheel hop. Check your tire pressure and make sure it is not to high, you can run a little less air to help with the hop.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

You should know if your tires are hopping. Should be violent shaking from the rear along with spurts of acceleration. Let off if your car does this as it puts uneeded stress on your drive-line and rear end. Lower control arms completely eliminated wheel hop for me. My tires stay planted whenever/wherever I get on it. But since you lowered your car you will need the relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard rod.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99z28monster
subframe with is def a worth while mod helps the car alot, also a Torque arm will help you alot with wheel hop. Check your tire pressure and make sure it is not to high, you can run a little less air to help with the hop.
It wouldn't be a bad idea since it looks as if his camaro has t-tops, as he unfortunately has to worry about chassis flex. But I had my sfc's on before my lca's, and my wheel hop was not cured until after the lca swap. From my experience SFC don't truly shine until you start pushing large numbers out of your engine. The reason I got them was that I have a love for "spirited" cornering. I blame it mostly on long stretches of country road.

And as for the torque arm, replacing it serves the purpose of getting rid of some of the parasitic loss through chassis absorbtion. Replacing that before the lca might actually make it even worse.

Search this Thread