Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

STREET brakes for 15x10 prostar

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STREET brakes for 15x10 prostar

I really dont want to have to grind down my calipers to fit the 15x10 prostars and wanted to know if there are any brakes for the rear that fit without grinding. I have done the searches but havent got a clear answer for a brake kit that fits and is for a car that sees 95% street driving. I like to drive the car like i stole it on the street and i really only go to the track 8-10 times a year. Its pretty much a sunny day and weekend warrior car.

All suggestions are welcome. Hopefully a sponser has some recommendations as i am looking for something asap.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i HEARD lt1 camaro brake calipers work on our cars and does not require grinding...not sure if this is 100% true or if you have to replace anything else (rotors, brake lines?) for them to work.. so it would be nice if someone could confirm this..
Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lt1 brakes on the rear will still require a lot griding just not as much. There are drag brake setups that clear no problem but they are not made to be driven on the street. You will have to either grind the brakes down a ton or sell them and get bogarts or get Convo Pros which require a small amount of grinding to fit
Old 08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/rear_drag_kits.htm
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

not good for a street car because you can't keep your parking brake
Old 08-30-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Aerospace Components rear brakes wouldn't clear my draglites, I would have had to either grind some or use a spacer.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Our Bogart wheels would be your best bet.

Not only from a fitment standpoint but also from weight as well. Our Bogarts are designed for your car, not built as a one size fits some. Using a set of prostars on your car is like leaving ~50lbs of converted static weight on your car! Our wheels are also show-quality.

LT1 brakes will not clear prostars without modifications.

This post may be better off in the wheel section. You'll probably get a few more responses.

If you would like to discuss your options in greater detail, feel free to call me at the number listed below.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was going to go with your bogart wheels but the price was too much for me right now since they were going to be custom built to handle the street.

i talked with aerospace and they said their prostreet kit will clear the 15x10 prostar and is perfect for my application and hard street driving.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

If you feel comfortable using Prostars which are not designed for street use for street driving, you should feel no different using our P1 wheels.

I really wouldn't recommend using either setups as street wheels...the choice is yours.

We can build the wheels in a variety of ways... Good luck with your setup.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

either save for bogarts or grind the fck out of the calipers and use the prostars. drag brakes arent a smart option on a 95% street driven car. saying the prostars wouldnt be "safe" is BS especially if they are seeing only track time. I've ran prostars on my car w/calipers ground down for 3 years on the street and not one problem. take seats out or take weight out elsewhere when you go to the track to make up for weight difference.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yah i got the aerospace rear brakes that are made for the street. Im not too worried about the prostars or even the weight. i only got them to run a 325/50/15 dr and the car only sees maybe 2,000 miles a year just racing around town. So for the time being i am going to keep the prostars and not get a front set and later next spring ill have a custom set of bogarts made for the car. Ill definately be going with sjm though

Gotta like the name one bad z since thats what my liscense plate reads. thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: STREET brakes for 15x10 prostar