Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

jumps to the right!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jumps to the right!?!

I was cruising down the highway yesterday around ~45mph, lightly accelerating when I hit a bump in the road and my rear end jumped a good foot to my right. luckily there wasnt anyone next to me in the inside lane but I need to figure this out, I dont think its safe to drive the way it is now. I blew out the torque arm mount both the rubber and the steel so I just replaced that, the LCA's were also pretty loose so I tightened them up.. but it slams over bumps when your on the gas, if your coasting everything seems tight. and since the other day on the highway it has started making a rattling noise that seems to be comming from ontop of the tranny and theres a slight clunk sound when you take your foot of the gas in gear. what could be the culprit? everything looks tight, the tranny mount is new, tq arm mount is tight in the rear, LCA's are tight.. where should I look?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

hmmmm...I'd start with checking your panhard bars. That clunk sound might be a u-joint problem.

Or maybe your car is trying to do the Time Warp...

-Mike

Last edited by chupr0kabra; 09-01-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

what should I check for w/ the panhard? all the nuts and bolts are tight and the bushings look good. theres no lateral movement when I push on the side of the car. im stumped.. I checked the u-joints when it was on the lift and they seemed solid, everything was tight when I rotated the wheels.. I took it out for another quick test drive and the rattle is getting worse, it sounds like its coming from above the tranny and it gets alot worse when I hit the brakes. then I was on some un-even pavement and around 50mph the whole drivetrain started to wobble and had its own rythm going until I slowed down to 40-45mph. help me out here guys! im a little lost..