Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Light problem

I was in a little bit of an accident this past weekend where i ended up running up under the bumper of a small SUV in my '94 Trans Am...

The car runs fine and all is well except that the brake lights don't shut off. If i pull up on the pedal with my foot, they shut off, but even with the VERY slight drop that the pedal makes when you let it go, its enough to make the brake lights come on.... Is there some sort of adjustment for this? Any thoughts on what i can do?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

there is probably a set of contacts at the pedal, look around you'll probably find it. Might just need adjusted, though why it is acting up I don't know because an accident shouldn't have affected it but who knows.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i dont know either...
I'll pull down the panel under the steering wheel and see if i can see a contact... i'm really hoping this is an easy fix... the car has WAY too many miles on it to go screwing witha bunch of stuff.... i'm seriously considering getting rid of it... but then again, i own it and dont wanna take on anotehr car pmt... i have the LS1 when i want something good looking to drive around.... i still hate driving around somethign with a lightly crunched hood tho