Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can I put Factory 02 Firehawk Springs on 95 V6 Camaro????

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I put Factory 02 Firehawk Springs on 95 V6 Camaro????

Buddy of mine has a 02 Firehawk and the factory springs were replaced for Eibachs at only 20k miles. My 95 V6 Camaro has 132k miles and is bottoming out up front on small bumps, so I know its time to replace some things.

We were a little concerned about the weight difference in my V6 and his LS1, and not sure if this was a good idea or not. I don't want my camaro to look like a monster truck up front.

I did notice Eibach offered a different Proline set for the V6, I wonder how much difference we are looking at between them. I simply can't afford new springs on the car, so if these would work it would be great.

Thanks! Brian
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes.

Change your shocks though. Stock springs are horrible for stock springs, never mind stiffer springs.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

I did a lot of reasearch into this when I was thinking about getting springs for my v6. Some people will tell you that the front will sit higher while others will tell you it will be fine. I've seen pictures of v6's with v8 springs and they looked just fine to me.

IMO, I would put them on with NEW shocks (I have SLP Bilsteins). If they don't work well, then just buy new ones and put them on instead.

Definately let me know how they work!!!

Quick Reply: Can I put Factory 02 Firehawk Springs on 95 V6 Camaro????